Chapter 13

Chapter thirteen

I made it home from the hospital in one piece I won't say it didn't hurt because fuck it did, but at least I made it home.

They gave me some painkillers to take home, they are strong but they are still not capable of removing all the pain coursing through me.

When I finally get myself up to my bedroom I slowly remove every piece of clothing, I know I have to throw it all out. I'll never get all the blood off.

I step slowly into the shower and turn it on, even the impact that the water makes with my injured body makes me want to cry out in pain. I'm careful not to get the bandage on my shoulder wet as I work slowly on getting the last of the dry blood off of me.

Every drop is a reminder of my fathers rage. A reminder of what my life has become.

I soak in the water for a long time. It was difficult to get the blood out of my hair with only one good arm, but I managed.

When I finally get out of the shower and into my bedroom wrapped in a towel it's 08.30 am my dad should be up by now. Hopefully he has to work today and won't be around. After a really bad beating my dad sometimes have a tendency to leave for a few days. I think it makes him regretful to see me all bruised up and in pain. That's the few times when I see a glimpse of the man I once knew.. The man I once loved.

I went to my dresser and got out a pair of sweatpants along with an oversized black t-shirt. Lifting my legs and getting on the pants was painful but lifting my arms up to put on the shirt was the most excruciating.

I leave my hair wet down my back, I don't want to cause unneeded pain so I put minimum work in to my appearance. It's not like I'll leave the house or anything. Thank god I don't have a shift at the cafe.

My dad is sitting at the table in the kitchen when I come down. He looks everywhere but at me. I look like shit I know I do and I actually find some pleasure in knowing it's making him feel bad. When he's abusing me and causing me pain he turns into a unrecognizable monster, so it's kind of reassuring to see him with remorse, even though he doesn't feel it strong enough to stop abusing me..

"Mornin'" he greets still not looking me in the eye as I boil some water for tea.

"Good morning" I whisper but loud enough for him to hear. Even though I see the regret in him I'm still terrified he might hurt me again, I fear my body can't handle anymore pain.

"Uhm.. I have to.. I have some things to do today.." He mumble still without looking at me.

"Okay" I don't know what his point is.

"I might be gone a day or two.. It's a job.." Here we go. He's trying to escape his guilt.

"What kind of job?"

"That's really non of your business!" He snaps. I know he doesn't have to work, he just don't want to be haunted by the image of my broken body. I guess I should be happy that he's going to be out of the house for a few days. But I can't find it within myself to really enjoy it. Everything hurts to much.

An hour or so later my dad leaves the house. I wonder how long it'll be this time before he feels better with himself and comes back only to abuse me again.

Harry called a few minutes ago but I couldn't get myself to answer the phone, we can't see each other anyway, I'm not sure make up can cover these bruises but even if I could I would flinch every time I moved and he would surely catch on that something was wrong..

I'm sprawled out on my bed it's the only way I'm remotely comfortable. I took two pills to lift some of the pain, they are helping but I'm still very aware of my injuries.