Chapter 7

Chapter seven

Harry approached me and I felt myself start to blush instantly, why I react to him this way I have no clue but I just do and it's freaking annoying.

"You never called me" he stated when he reached the counter. The disappointment in his voice and face was clear as day and I couldn't help but feel really guilty.

For some reason I really wanted to explain myself to him, I wanted to tell him the truth about why I didn't call him. I wanted to look him in the eyes and tell him my dad would never let me have friends or even a normal life, I wanted to tell him everything but for good reason I couldn't do that.

"Well I.. I didn't really see why I should have.?" He looked at me a little hurt but quickly tried to recover.

"What about because of my good looks and charm?" He tried to joke and I had to force myself not to smile. He really is adorable but I can't have anything to do with him. I can't let people get close to me and my fucked up life. He has already gotten way to close for my liking.

"Come on Rebecca I think we should hang out, I think you should let me take you on a date" he smiled at me flashing his dimples in the process, I suspect he knows just how cute he looks when doing that and is using it to his advantage.

"I'm sorry I'm really busy" what a weak pathetic answer.

"With what?" He challenged. I had to admit I was impressed that he didn't just give up. Most people would have stopped trying when I didn't call, but not Harry. When he wanted something he really put an effort into getting it, maybe that's why he's been with so many women..

"Stuff." For some reason unknown to me it made my stomach twist thinking about all the women that he seemed to have been with, according to the internet.

"Bullshit. Give me a real reason" I didn't answer him I just stood there looking at him, hoping someone else would come into the cafe and order something so I could excuse myself from this conversation.

"I simply won't leave until I get a real reason" he said when it became clear I wasn't saying anything. I debated whether or not to just let him hang around here for hours, but there's no way I'll be able to focus on work with him here all day.

"Fine I'll give you a reason. I don't want to be dating someone who's apparently dating ten women at the same time" the second I said it I felt bad about it. There was actually a bit of truth to it, I just don't see the reason in getting involved with a guy who's gonna break my heart anyway.

Harry looked so hurt. His smile instantly removed from his beautiful face. I'm really intimidated by him, I still can't grasp why he'd want to go out with me anyway, I'm not beautiful like all the other girls he associate himself with. My dad always tells me how ugly, fat and useless I am.

"I'm not like that" his voice came out as a whisper and I only just heard it, but I heard it.

"Look Harry I'm not judging you. There's just really no reason for us to date" I tried to give him a small smile. I really didn't mean to offend him and I didn't want him to start lying about it because I made him feel bad, it's who he is and that's fine I just don't want to be one of those many girls he has in and out of his bed. I know the biggest reason not to date him of course is my dad but right now I'm punching him to the back of my mind.

"Rebecca I'm not like that. The media blows thing up. Sure I have a lot of female friends and some of the girls who's been outed in the media I have dated but I swear I'm not that guy that they make me out to be!" He sounded desperate for me to believe him. I don't know why it was so important to him.

"Please believe me?" He requested. I looked into his green pure eyes and knew he was telling the truth. God I feel like shit now. It really must suck for him to have such a bad rep all because the magazines just want something to write about.

"Alright I believe you" his smile immediately light up from my words. His smile is so charming I can't help but to plant a goofy one on my own face.

"So how about I pick you up at seven tomorrow night?" I keep telling myself that it's not a good idea for me to date anybody. My dad will surely be furious with me if he finds out. But I'm not going to tell him so what's the harm? I deserve to have at least a little bit of fun and an ounce of normality.

"Sure sounds good" I know I'm blushing but I don't really mind because he is as well.

"Where do you live?" He asks and I start to panic, of course he would want to come pick me up at my house it's such a normal thing to do, only I can't have that. I can't risk him meeting my dad.

"Ehm lets just meet here ok?"

"Alright then" for a second he looks like he might question me about why he's picking me up at the cafe especially since he knows the place is closed at that time, but luckily for me he decides against it and doesn't ask.

Saying goodbye to Harry was a little awkward, he gave me a hug and I did my best not to tense up, but I'm just not very good with physical contact. Who can blame me when I'm so used to my fathers abuse.

***

I parked my car in my usual spot out in front of our house. I went to the trunk where I had the bags with all the groceries. It's a good thing I bought a lot because according to the cars parked out here my dad has a few friends over. I hate his friends, they are all drunks and most of them treat me like shit. Well not as bad as my father but still they make me nervous.

"Hi honey where have you been?" My dad greets me as I walk through the door. I'm having trouble detecting what mood he's in at the moment.

"I was at work and then I stopped at the shop, we were running low on food" I explained. I noticed two men I've met a few times but can't remember the names of sitting on the couch and next to them sat Randy, god I hate him so much, he's what you'd call my fathers best friend, they were all sitting by the tv and watching a football game.

"Oh okay then, you better go start dinner and make plenty, the fellers are staying" my dad seem to be in an alright mood, maybe because his friends are here. I don't know what I'd prefer. I mean it's nice to have my dad in a decent mood but at the same time I really don't want Randy here, the guy freaks me out.

I made dinner and served it to them by the television, I guess it was an important game because they barely acknowledged my present. Fine by me, I'd much rather eat alone anyway.

I had just brought them all some more beer and was cleaning the kitchen when Randy came in. He must be forty something years old though he looks much older, probably because of all the drinking.

He is eyeing me up and down and I feel a sudden need to take a shower.

"So Rebecca you look well" the way he says my name makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

"I am well, how are you?" I answer politely. My dad would have my head if I was being disrespectful to his so called friends.

"I'd be better if you and I spent some time together. You could always come by my house you know" he steps closer to me and I try taking a step back but I'm backed up against the kitchen counter.

"I.. I.." I stutter and I can't seem to find the right words.

"Randy! Grab me beer would you!" My dad yells from the sofa in the other room.

Randy looks at me and lifts his hand, I flinch a little but he didn't seem to notice. He brought his dirty long nailed finger to my neck and trailed it up and down once before exiting the kitchen with a beer in his hand to my dad.

I let out a breath I had been holding since Randy approached me.

------

Sorry there was a wait. I wanted to finish my other story so I could focus on this one:-)

Please vote and comment:-)

Oh and I'd like to mention again that violent scenes will be a part of this story, scenes worse than the ones that have been so far. Just a warning if anyone think it might be too much then.

I'll soon change the POV so it won't just be Rebecca's:-)

Next chapter will be up the day after tomorrow (Monday)