Truth or Dare

After the water war is finished we all decide to dry off by the fire. I run to the cabin first to grab a blanket and when I return the only spot open is next to Ryan. I sit next to him and try to smile at him but probably look slightly deranged.

"You okay?" He asks and I notice he looks everywhere except at me.

"Yea great."

"Do you want to talk about the kiss?"

"No it was just a strategy to steal the hose." I say simply then try to tune into Makenzie and Max's conversation but that's petty much impossible when the twins are talking you have to hear the whole conversation.

"Do I want to know why you guys are talking about cantaloupe animals, and how they're going to overthrow people?" I ask laughing which results with Max and Makenzie both screaming what they think at me which just makes me laugh harder. It makes Ryan laugh too, hard enough that he leans on me slightly.

"Max is just dumb." Makenzie concludes and Max just pouts while Brandon half comforts half mocks him.

"We should play truth or dare." Max suggests and me and Mathew both shout no while everyone else agrees so we end up playing.

""Josh truth or dare?" Brandon asks his brother. So far Makenzie has swam in the river naked, Max has attempted to eat wood and admitted he's known he is gay for years, Brandon made out with a tree, and I've taken off my top which was Makenzie's idea.

"Dare."

"I dare you and Mathew to try to get into one really big shirt and stay like that the rest of the game." Brandon says and Josh agrees. Brandon then produces a giant shirt and Brandon and Mathew both remove theirs. They then awkwardly spend 2 minutes trying to get into the shirt until Josh is just wearing it while Mathew is curled to his chest.

"Aww cute." Says Makenzie.

"Okay Makenzie truth or dare?" Josh asks her.

"Truth, hmm or maybe dare, or maybe both? Can I do both? I chose both."

"Who here would you make out with, and then makeover with them."

"The only guy here who's straight I would never put my lips close to so I guess Carter." Makenzie says then casually comes over and kisses me. I feel like cheesy Katy Perry music should be playing but honestly it was fun, and when Makenzie pulled away we both started laughing really hard.

"Now my sexy friend truth or dare?" Makenzie asks me and I respond with dare. "Hmm oh I dare you to take off one article of Ryan's clothing. I notice Ryan's not wearing socks or shoes, none of us are, so I reluctantly reach for his shirt and slowly remove it. My fingers brush his skin and he shivers, and I think for the first time since the kiss we make eye contact.

"Ok done." I say quickly once I get his shirt off looking away from him. I then ask Ryan truth or dare but we once again avoid looking at each other.

-------

Later that night we've slowly stopped playing games, Mathew fell asleep curled against Josh in the giant shirt, Max and Brandon went to the Cabin to do god knows what, Makenzie is asleep on the ground, and I had later my head in Ryan's lap,and he started to run his hands through my hair causing me to feel blissfully drowsy.

"You know I really like you Carter, I have for a while." Ryan whispers and the softness from earlier has returned. Instead of responding I just hug his leg and smile at him.

"I like you too, I think but I'm not sure.right now I do but-" I whisper and trail off at the end. I blink a few times trying to stay awake but Ryan's starts humming a lullaby which slightly amuses me but also helps me sink into sleep. And as I'm falling asleep I can only think of one thing.

I kissed Ryan Baker, and I want to do it again, and again, and again.

---
Really short chapter I know I'm sorry

-Emma