Mathew 2

"I deserved that." My father states clutching his nose.

"I agree." Mathew says and I watch as my brother who I wouldn't even hurt a fly stands in an attack stance.

"Ok no more punching dad." I say standing in between my brother and my father.

"Just one more ti-" Mathew starts but I cut him off by shouting no.

"He's already beating himself up about it and the worst he ever did was sprain a few of my bones never has he broken anything. He's still the awesome father we grew up with." I say turning to Mathew and smiling at him.

"Fine I won't punch him but until he's been sober for a month I'm not letting him out of my sight." Mathew says his eyes softening a little and his posture relaxing.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," My father assures smiling kindly at his protective, adorably gay son.

-------------

After Mathew settled down a little more I dragged him and my father over to the couch and decided were binge watching princess movies which Mathew happily agreed with. My da just laughed at sat down.

I am currently watching the most recent Cinderella with tears in my eyes while laying my head on Mathews lap as he balls as Ella accepts the tree branch from the man who just informed her that her father is dead.

"No, my poor Ella it'll be okay. Your going to marry a prince you'll see." Mathew screams through his tears.

"Oh my lord Mathew I love you." I say laughing a little as he cries even harder because Ella started crying in front of the door.

"Nooo Ella!" He cries causing me and my dad burst into hysterics.

"Mathew, don't worry she'll be okay." My dad says laughing a little.

"I know, it's just... it's so sad and my poor baby Ella." He says causing me to laugh even harder even though this is when Ella's stepmother is mean to her.

"Stop laughing at me." Mathew says frowning finally able to contain his tears. This of course causes me to laugh harder. I can't believe this was the boy who just punched my dad twice even though he deserved it. "You guys are so mean." Mathew says as he frowns even deeper. And I giggle his face reminding me of a sad puppy's.

"Awwe poor baby." I say laughing. And he huffs.

"You sound like Josh." He mutters causing me to perk up.

"A boy?" I question and Mathew turns bright red.

"I think I'm gonna go... upstairs? Yea upstairs!"

"No you are not!" I insist yanking Mathew down after he tries standing up to run. "Who is josh. Is he a crush, a boyfriend, a fiancé? I swear if you got married and didn't tell me Mathew I will hurt you."

"Calm yourself Carter. He was my roommate but he's moving home to he actually lives quite close, and.. uh he's  a crush." Mathew says shyly causing me to squeal and my father who had been quietly sitting in the background to smile. While my dad has not always been the best to me he was always so supportive of Mathew.

"Tell me everything!" I insist grabbing his hands and looking at him intently.

"Well... he's dreamy." He says the blush on his face getting redder. This of course causes me to squeal again. Mathew ones on with gushing about Josh and I can't help but fangirl as my dad laughs and adds little comments.

After a while we're all still talking about Josh with my head on Mathews lap and my feet on my dads lap. I can't help but think to myself that for the first time since the accident I feel truly content.

"I love you both." I say randomly cutting Mathew off but he just smiles.

"I love you too Cota, and you too Dad even though I'm still upset with you." Mathew says softly to me before turning to my dad and adding the last part seriously.

"I wouldn't expect anything else. And Carter I love you so much and hate myself for ever hurting you, I hope you know that pumpkin." My dad says rubbing my shin.

"I do dad, and I will never forget what you did but I have already forgiven you." I say with a genuine soft smile on my face.

"Ok now play the movie that I do rudely interrupted with my gushing." Mathew says and I grab the remote before playing Cinderella which was paused a little while ago by one of us while Mathew was going on about Josh, who by the way sounds perfect for my brother.

He is kind but still happily teases my brother. He also hates cheaters and is the most d fashion cutesy gentleman ever which is exactly who my older brother has been looking for since he stumbled out of the closet. He is also openly gay and takes no bullshit about his sexuality. I'm so happy for my brother that is if Josh like him back.

------
An/ I know I took forever to update I'm sooo sorry please don't hate me. And even if you do you should still

Vote
Comment
&
Share

-Emma❤️