23. House Number 2

Jessica's Pov

Well, house number one was amazing but we have another house to still go threw. I mean this house is a lot more expensive but it's also a lot bigger too.

"Are you sure this is in our budget?" Asked Benny. 

"Dude Emmy has over a million dollars. Yes, we have enough for a 250,000 dollar house." I said.

"Wow, guys you make me feel so rich," Emmy stated. 

"Well my dad is sending my 100,000 dollar checks every week then the job that I got is $15 an hour."

"True let's go check out the house."

"Well here is the second house

"Well here is the second house. Yes, it is in your budget at $350,000. I enjoy this house. It is new construction. Newly furnished too. You can keep everything in there as well. I mean if you don't want something there is an attic and a basement to store stuff."

She unlocked the door and we all went inside the mudroom. Small but perfect.  Has a great sitting area. I really like that. It's also got plenty of storage in such a small place. I love it.

"So this house has four bedrooms and three bathrooms. It's a good size house."

We go threw house number two and finish the tour

We go threw house number two and finish the tour. I love the house and I hope the other two do too. I mean they are also expecting a child. At least they are in a legal relationship. Mason could get in some deep trouble for getting me pregnant. I'm surprised my parents didn't try to get a lawsuit on him. I mean I'm happy but not at the same time. It is just not what I expected with my life. I thought I would end up a little different than my mom. Obviously that isn't going to happen. 

"So Benny. I really like house two."

"I know. I love house number two. It's in the right neighborhood and everything."

"Perfect for two families."

"Oh."

"Shh. Hey, Benny, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I think we should buy this one. Of course, the other house was good too."

"I mean we also have to speak to my parents. I'm just saying that this is going to end up being rough. Money isn't a problem any of our families have to face but should we raise our children like that?"

"We have time. I'm just saying, I enjoy this house better."

"I know. I'm just stating my opinion too. Well, movie night?"

"Nah. I'm not feeling too good tonight. I might stop over at Pat's house and talk to him for a while."

He nodded his head and left with Emmy. I ended up leaving and hanging out with Patrick. Best friends from the past are finally hanging out with each other again. I'm happy. 

"I mean you really just have to go with your heart. Do you want to reconnect?" Pat asked.

"I don't know. They kicked me out. It's like they wouldn't want me back."

"I get that. My parents love my daughter though. I get to have her here in Chicago this summer. I'm so excited. I miss her so much."

"I personally like the dad side of you. You seem to have really enjoyed yourself."

"It's weird. Being a dad. I have another human being to look after. I might move up there. I want to."

"Do as your heart calls. You and Sam will totally make it. I believe in you guys. You didn't start as quickly as your last relationships. There is really something there."

"Thanks. I am gonna try to see what I can do. Plus I graduate this year."

"True. I'm gonna miss you. Are you planning on going to college?"

"I don't really know. I mean I would love to. I feel like I'm missing so much of Amber's life already I don't know if I have the heart to go to college."

"What if you don't end up winning the custody battle?"

"Well, then I will have to find something else to focus on."

"It sucks. I mean you should be in her life. I don't see why she is trying to rip her away from you."

"I can see one huge reason. Plus that is just gonna have a higher risk of me not getting her."

"Gotta love that gang lifestyle."

He chuckled. Guess he doesn't enjoy himself. Well, I hope he figures it out soon enough to be in his daughter's life. Amber needs a father.

"Jess, did I ever tell you about my biological family?"

"I think so. How your mom was taken. You don't really know your younger brother."

"I don't even know his last name. We have different fathers. His was a dick. Mine wanted me away from the dangers of the world. He was a nice man. Of course, until I had a kid. He called me all sorts of names. He thought as if I ruined his family reputation." 

"Your dad can suck my pinki toe."

"He kicked me out and then I found Mason."

I kept quiet as I watched him talk about his past. I remember his dad. He was a nice guy. I think he was killed in a car accident or something.

"When Mason found me I was sixteen years old. I had a long time to live. I mean I still do. I hated my father up to the day that he died. I still hate him but I hate my mother even more. She was the one who had Mark. He took his father's last name. I have my father's last name."

Patrick's POV

I sigh as Jess leaves for the night. We had a good talk. I remember everything from my childhood. It was a pretty bad childhood. That's all I have to say. It sucked. I hated it so much I try so hard not to talk about it. Somethings I can't not talk about though. I mean I can't just not talk to Jessica. 

Author's Note

I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. This will be my shortest one. I promise. It's just I have so many ideas and soon is when we get to meet more than one new character. And no they aren't just little new norms that will be showing up soon. There are other people coming too. More like other romantic interests. I hope you are ready for the near ending.