"Enlighten me," he answered curiously so Damon smirked, knowing that behind the facade Holden was putting, inside, he truly was his old self.

"I'm gonna kill Elijah with a little dagger," Damon mused with a huge smirk so Holden furrowed his eyebrows and placed the plate on the counter.

He closed the door and opened up a tap. "Ooh, trust issues," Damon said with a grin as Holden turned to look at him.

"How do you know it'll work?" Holden whispered quietly as the water continued flowing down.

"I don't," Damon mused closing the tap so Holden sighed. He didn't want Ella ears dropping but Damon seemed to trust her. "And as I told Stefan, I'm gonna do all my t's," he smirked so Holden nodded his head. "Are you into killing Elijah?"

Holden knew the Original and Elena had a deal made, but Elijah was dangerous. And if he wanted to use Elena for a ritual, Holden was more than willing to end him. "After last night, I'm up to anything," he answered causing Damon to grin devilishly at their little evil plan.

HOLDEN WALKED BACK INTO HIS ROOM TO FIND ELLA SHOWERING. He glanced there then walked over to where Ella kept her daylight ring placed.

Holden spared yet another glance into the shower but she wasn't paying attention. He picked the ring up, thinking of taking it with him and leaving her inside so she wouldn't follow him.

But before Holden could do such thing, Ella scared him. "What are you doing?" she asked wrapping a towel around her body. Holden smiled falsely then threw her the ring.

"You don't want to drop it," he commented walking over to his dresser. Ella looked at him in confusion then put it on. She frowned slightly then walked over to him and hugged him from behind.

Holden paused as he felt her fingers trace his chest. "You're so thoughtful," she whispered as he clenched his jaw and turned around. He placed his hands on her waist and she mused happily. "Where are you and Damon going?"

"You listened," Holden mused realizing and Ella bit her lip guilty. "And yet you tell me you changed."

He then let go of her waist and walked away. Ella pursed her lips then grabbed his hand to stop him. "I'm sorry, but I'm a vampire. I can't control my ability to hear voices nearby," she defended so Holden calmed down and nodded his head before stroking her cheek.

Ella melted into his touch but Holden didn't feel good touching her like that. He wanted to do it just to Elena and for the girl to smile. Tell him I love you. But it was just a dream. It would always be just a dream. "We are leaving, but it's just a brother trip... You stay here and wait till I come back," he mused then started to walk away.

"So in exchange of being with you, I have to be a prisoner?" Ella questioned angrily so Holden stopped with an angered laugh. "We're together. That means you do not control me and I don't control you."

"You're right," Holden nodded turning back to face her. "We are together. So that is why I'm asking you to stay here and let me fix the nasty stuff. For your own safety."

Ella didn't say anything back as Holden smiled dully then left the room. She clenched her jaw and raised her head, feeling angry.

LATER ON, THE BROTHERS MET UP WITH ALARIC AND ANDIE. "Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked the history teacher as Andie snuggled closer to her boyfriend.