18

This is awkward.

He stood in the middle of the conference room, aware that everyone's gaze was fixated on him. "What's the important matter that you called me here for?" The manager leaned back in his chair, a look of grave concern on his face.

"You see, one of our staff," He pulled Youngjae up, "got harassed by a fan. She sent him death threats and carcasses of small animals like rats. It's been about a month since this started. I was thinking of taking legal action against her."

The manager frowned. "It's been one month and you decide to break the news only now." Daehyun grinned sheepishly. "I only found out about it today." There was a sigh from the manager, who had turned his attention to Youngjae.

While Youngjae was getting interrogated, Daehyun sunk into his thoughts. At least something is going to be done. Satisfaction swelled from within him. Youngjae won't have to deal with crazy fans like her anymore.

He was in the midst of thinking of ways to celebrate when the manager called him. "Is there anything else you want to tell me?" Daehyun nearly choked on his tongue. Uh oh. This isn't good. He stammered for a while, trying to find the right words. He noticed that the manager had raised an eyebrow.

The manager glanced from Daehyun to Youngjae, then back to Daehyun. "Why are you so concerned with the matters of the staff anyway? Should they have an issue or anything, they can look for me directly. Don't get yourself too involved with their personal affairs, got it?"

Time to play it cool.

Daehyun nodded and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I think it's fine to get involved, especially if the person of concern is your boyfriend." He announced coolly, watching the expression on the manager's face turn from one of annoyance to that of disbelief.

"W-what did you just say?" The manager stood up, pointing an accusatory finger at Daehyun. "Repeat what you just said, right now!" His voice shook. Daehyun took a quick glance at Youngjae before turning back to the manager and flashing him a broad smile.

"I said, Youngjae's my boyfriend."

-