Reader tries to help Caius be more nice

You and Demetri were in the kitchen waiting on the cook to finish your meal. The cook was an older woman and she looked like she was exhausted you quickly noticed this.
"Ma'am, You can take your time. If you would like,I could just fix it myself, you look like you need rest" worrying for the woman you began to walk over to where she was cooking. The woman turned and quickly responded "No no! Master Caius demanded that I hurry! He doesn't want you to starve!"
You glanced over at Demetri who simply shrugged his shoulders and left. It didn't really surprise you that Caius would say this, especially to people who didn't have power. "Please stop, I will go speak to him about this" She looked as pale as a ghost and bowed. "Master! I'm almost done with the Queens meal!" You heard heavy footsteps from behind and snapped toward that direction. Caius always had a cruel reputation, no mercy. "Dear, You need not worry. I will find another Cook who is much faster than a walking skeleton" His face went back to facing the woman. She Croaked out words in Italian while her arms and hands formed a praying stance.
Caius observed the poor woman with little emotion in his cold eyes. You couldn't just stand there whilst another innocent died for no apparent reason, you had to show Caius that there was more to solving things than killing.
"Caius, May we have a word please? I want to talk to you about something" you explained. The Surprised Vampire pointed his arm toward the entrance of the kitchen, gesturing for you to lead on. Once outside of the room you spun around in Caius's way "Don't do this" Appalled the immortal countered you "I have to ask amato, don't do what?" trying to stay humble you slowly grabbed his hands and continued speaking. "Getting rid of that woman, she has done nothing wrong! Try to look at situations more...Nicely" afraid to see his reaction you cowered away, only for him to gently touch your hands. "She is dying anyway cara" shaking your head you mumbled "I am too" .
Caius then faltered "Don't say that. I just.." his tough shell was slowly cracking. "what do you want me to do?" Was he finally understanding? finding words you suggested "Try to be nice, or at least nicer. I know it will be a little difficult but can you try? For me?" he slowly put you in an embrace. "I will. Can you teach me?" against his chest you answered "Let's start with being patient, and uh try understanding" Interrupting, you heard another pair of foot steps coming from the kitchen, Demetri stood waiting for Caius to give the orders. "Demetri, I take back what I said. Help that woman" The Tracker bowed and strolled back into the room.
Adoringly Caius looked at you "Is that better my love?" chuckling slightly at his 'new' tone you cajoled "It is a start".