[1/1] Ben Hanscom

Scenario : You two meet in the library.

+

       You struggled to reach for a book that sat on one of the higher shelves of the Library property. A groan escaped your pouted lips, hoping that someone would come to the rescue of your book reaching adventure. Your mind was read when an arm outreached above your head, grasping the book you'd been making grabby hands at for a few minutes.

    He pulled it down, handing it to you and growing into your view. His features wore a subtle smile, and you returned the gesture by giving him a smile of your own.

"Thank you.." You mumbled a reply, before tucking your one hand into the pocket of your denim jeans.

The boy shook his head, waving his hand in a small motion. "No need to thank me, I just wanted to be nice to such a girl like you." He began to walk off, making you squint at the back of his brunette colored head.

"Hey, wait up!" You whisper-shouted, not wanting to disturb any of the other people that sat about the library, since they all seemed content in their books. He stopped in place and let you catch up to the few footsteps you lacked behind him before looking over towards you.

"What do you mean 'a girl like me'?" Your mind got the better of you as the question seemed to surpass your lips.

"I m-mean.. You're very pretty.." He seemed to grow anxious at the question, and it made you awe over at him. He kept his eyes from your own, not wanting to see the expression you wore. Thinking that it would most likely be one of disgust.

You let out a soft laugh and set the book down onto the table which you two had walked side-by-side to. "Well, thank you. But I'm far from." You argued, pulling the chair back from the table and plopping down in it.

With a look of shock, he turned his face to you. Not believing that you'd just denied your beauty. How could you not see what he was seeing?

After you requesting him to sit down beside you, he gladly accepted and took the seat. "You are very
beautiful, though.."

Ignoring the topic that you didn't want to indulge into, you looked over at him with your head propped up against your hand. He pulled a book from his pocket and set it out along the wooden table in front of the two of you.

"What's your name, and why haven't I seen you here much before?" You asked, direly wanting to know more of the sweet boy that assisted you. But as you thought it over more.. You figured it out for yourself. Therefore you stopped him from giving any sort of reply your way, "Wait! Don't tell me! I know this."

Your index finger lifted up to his lips, and you hummed in thought. Around the entire school campus there had been talk of a new kid, which you assumed happened to be the boy you'd just ran into at this very moment. "You're the new
kid aren't you?"

A sheepish smile fled over his features and he gave a silent nod. He'd been called the new kid by several people, but when you did it, it was much different for him. Which he couldn't quite recall as to why.

"Well, new kid. I'm [Y/N].
At your service!" Your hand lifted into the air, and of a friendly gesture you took his hand into a shake. He melted at the small interaction, his pale skin dusting over with a red tint of flusteration.

"I'm Ben. Ben Hanscom. Usually known as the kid who writes poems and sticks to himself." He retreated his sweaty palm from the gesture and wiped it down against his khaki clad thigh, before his eyes drifted off to the beat up cover of his book.

"Guess I got lucky then?"

"Pardon?" In a flash his eyes were back up to yours, and you sent him a cheeky smile. "Well, I got to talk to the poem writing New kid. Which most can't say for themselves, but I can."

He let out an awkward laugh and to pull the embarassment off even more, he scratched the back of his neck. You could feel the tension he was sending, therefore you stood up from your once seated position. After pondering on it, you grasped for the book he assisted to you, your other hand swinging the material of your backpack over your shoulder.

He mostly seemed to want to be left alone, so with that, you were going to take your leave from the conversation.

"I'll see you around, Ben." You started walking off, leaving him in a small daze. A daze of mixed emotions. The emotions ranging from happiness to pure excitement.

"Y-Yeah.. I'll see you around.." He mumbled, knowing you weren't to hear the words as you were already halfway across the library. But as he looked down, his hand reached over to the spot where your arms once sat. A shiver spiraled up his backside, leaving him with a tingling feel throughout his body.

He didn't know what the feeling happened to be, but he couldn't deny that he took the feelings gratefully.

+

𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara