Gone.

I was amazed at how much could happen in a minute. Turns out, I really needed that amo. It was too late for Lizzie and Mika, but not for Carl. I grabbed my gun, and shot each of them in the head. They went down, on top of the walkers eating Lizzie and Mika. "Carl.." I said in relief, trying to not let the tears escape from my eyes. I don't know who all made it out alive, but there was no human being in sight other then Carl and I.

He was breathing heavily, I started to panic thinking he got bit, I checked for scratches or bites, thank god there weren't any. I hugged him, tightly, holding his head in my hands, crying into his good shoulder. Our hug was broken up by the sound of more walkers, heading our way, quickly. I helped Carl up, I took a last look at Lizzie and Mika, Then shot them in the head, putting them out of their misery. I took one last look at the prison, then walked away, holding onto Carl's hand, not looking back.

We were walking down the trail, I was looking for a safe place to patch Carl up. I knew the pain was killing him, and he was trying to be a man and not cry, but at this point, you don't see many humans with emotions anymore, it's nice to know that I got lucky and found one who does. "This looks like a good spot." I said, setting down the duffle bag. "For what?" Carl asked, trying to sound like he hasnt been crying. "Well, that wound cant get better on its own, and there arent any walkers around, it'll only take five minutes, i promise." I said, fluttering my eyelashes. "Fine, just make it quick babe." He said, sighing.

I helped Carl lay down by the tree. It looked painful for him to even move anything near his shoulder, I felt so bad. I was thankful the bullet went through his shoulder instead of being stuck in his arm, that probably would've been more painful. "Alright, take your shirt off." I said, trying hard not to smirk. All he did was smile, well tried to I guess. Even though he didn't have a pack, he did have a v-line which was good enough for my standards.

I got out some paper towel and wiped off the blood, then put the guaze around it. "Feel better?" I asked. "Kinda, but a kiss from you would feel alot better." Carl said. I just laughed and kissed him, getting a spark. He put his shirt back on and we started walking and looking for shelter for tonight.