Recovery.

I was shot. I didn't really remember anything after that. I was out cold, and the worst part was I didn't know who shot the walkers, I didn't know who saved me, well sort of. I woke up in a familiar place, I don't know how long I was out, I had a sharp pain in the middle of my stomach. I took a look at my surroundings and I knew I was back at the prison.

I rested my head on the pillow, it hurt to get up, hell, it hurt to move. Suddenly, I heard footsteps come by my cell. It was Lizzie. "Lizzie? What are you doing here?" I asked. She looked at me as if I was some sort of mentally ill person. "I'm the one who shot the walkers for you and saved your ass. But I also put a bullet in your stomach. So I guess I'm apologizing and waiting for a thank you." Lizzie replied. There was a moment of silence, then I finally spoke up. "Thank you."  I said. She said nothing. I looked at the vase of flowers on my night stand, then Lizzie. "You know, Carl really likes you.. and when I saw him read that note he was crushed, he couldn't even get up.. I've never seen him like that. He was in pain, and I hate to see him in pain. No matter how much I dislike you, I had to at least try and get you back, I love looking at his smile.. it gives me a reason to smile. He's a symbol of hope for me, he's been through so much but he still smiles, and thats just one reason why I like him." Lizzie said, sighing. I gave her a faint smile. I couldn't stand talking to her, she made me feel shittier and shittier with every word she said. 

After she left, I took a second to look at my wound. It was wrapped around twice with gauze, I slowly undid it, it stung like hell but I had to see it. It was red, still bleeding a little, scabbing forming around the side. I put the guaze back around it and pulled my shirt over it. Just then, I heard another set of foot steps come towards my cell. It was Carl.

"Uh.. hey." I said. "I'm so glad you're okay Haley.. I was worried sick. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't lose you, I've never cared for someone so much in my entire life. I can't see you become one of them, I cant see you die. I know its wrong but I would sacrifice this entire group to keep you safe. It's my job to protect you now, it's my job to keep you safe." Carl said, tears dripping out of his eye sockets and down his cheek. I almost cried myself. He grabbed my hand, holding it in his, "I can't lose you. Not now. Not ever." Carl said. He knelt down beside my bed, still holding my hand. Our eyes locked. "I'm so glad lizzie found you when she did." Carl whispered. Our faces were centimeters away from touching, He slowly leaned in, his lips brushed mine, then connected. He cupped my face with his hand, stroking my cheek with his thumb, still holding onto my hand. I broke the kiss, our mouths slightly parted open and expressions in awe.

"You have no idea how long i've wanted to do that for." Carl said, smirking, lust filled in his eyes. I smiled. I've never felt this way about anyone before, I've aways been afraid of falling in love, and being in an apocolypse doesn't make it any better. "So what does this mean, are we dating now?" Carl asked, with a hopeful look on his face. "Well, are we?" I asked, staring at his beautiful blue eyes. "Yes, it does." Carl replied, with a smile on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry it was such a short chapter lol. You guys were just begging to find out who shot me lol. Well yeah I'll do a better update tomorrow. Thats it for now though byeeee (:

With love,

Haley (: