Chapter 30

Ashton's P.O.V

It was now the first day of prom month. 

I never thought I would go, but I often thought about Luke asking me to the prom in a very romantic way. Usually, I would imagine that said romantic moment would occur in my room... along with a used condom and after-sex cuddles.

I wasn't going to bring this up to Luke because I didn't want to ruin anything since we're technically not together yet.

From: Lick

You ready for our date? 

Oh hell yes I was.

To: Lick

Yeah, but why am I supposed to bring my swim trunks and a towel?

From: Lick

You'll see ;-)

I roll my eyes for two reasons; one, he put a nose in his winky face, and two, Calum used to say the same thing... I haven't spoken to him since yesterday, but I plan on talking to him after my date, just to give him a little space before I start talking to him again.

I put my phone into the back pocket of my jeans before grabbing my backpack of essentials. And by essentials, I mean swim trunks, towel, and some other stuff just in case. If you know what I mean.

I head out into the living room to wait for Luke. After sitting on the armrest of the couch, I pull my phone back out before looking at the time. It was only 9:27 so Luke should be arriving any moment. I pull out my headphones and go through my music before deciding on Nightmares by All Time Low. I fall back onto the couch with my legs resting on the armrest and close my eyes, letting Alex's voice flow through me. Alex was also a god, but not as godly as Luke. 

I must not have noticed the knocking, or shouting of my name because all of a sudden an earbud was being pulled from my ear and my name being shouted.

"Ashton!" The voice calls. I let out a horrific scream as I shoot my hands upwards to try and defend myself before rolling off the couch onto the floor with a loud thud. I hear someone give out a shout before I hear another thud on the floor; presumably, their body hitting the ground.

I slowly crawl up the couch and peer over the back. There, laying on the floor with his hands covering his nose is none other than Luke Hemmings.

I gasp as I frantically crawl over the couch and over to Luke's side. 

"Luke! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you; it's just you scared the crap outta me!" I say. Luke opens his eyes and I notice tears welling in his eyes. "Luke?!" I ask worriedly. I didn't think I hit him that hard!

He pulls his hands from his nose and I can see blood was all but flowing out. I could already see swelling around his nose and I knew he would have at least one black eye. 

"Oh my god," I say, feeling my stomach churn. I think I broke his freaking nose.

"Ash," Luke says, sounding like he was congested due to the bleeding. "That was a good punch, but I think you just broke my nose on our first date," Luke says with a small chuckle as the tears silently fall from his eyes and the blood flows into his shirt.

"You need medical attention," I say, ignoring his funny comment. I quickly scramble to my feet and rush towards the kitchen where I grab a towel from one of the drawers for Luke's nose. "Here, hold this like that," I say as kneel down next to him and gently press the towel to his nose. He groans and squeezes his eyes. 

"Ash, I'm fine, it's not that bad," Luke says in protest as I help him off the floor. 

"I am taking you to the hospital and there's nothing you can do to stop me," I say as I pull him behind me. I close my front door behind us as I lead him to his car that was parked in the driveway. I help the blonde into the passenger seat before I rush towards the other side. 

Best Friend's BrotherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara