Why?

This is INSANE!" I said.

 "You're Mayor Beverly! Why didn't you tell me this from the start?!" I exclaimed.

 " 'cause I was afraid you wouldn't be as calm as you have been. You've been so calm and collective that I now think that I should let you know who I truly am. Also I don't know if you realize but you're the first person I have showed my face to in over 2 years and I actually kind of like you." exclaimed Ms.Beverly.

 Now I don't know if you readers know this but in some places it was actually illegal for Blacks and Whites to go out or even get married. And it was all because of their skin colors. "Wait but Ms.Beverly isn't it illegal for you to like me meaning we can't date?" I said in a very scarce tone.

 " Yes, sadly is, but we can stay together if we just don't let anybody find out. I mean don't you find me attractive?" she said. "

" Of course I do. I mean what guy in this entire city doesn't?But I am very afraid of what could happen to you and me if anybody was to find out." I said. 

" Don't worry I will try my best to make sure nobody finds out." she said.

 She then gave me a small smooch and walked away while quickly putting the hood back on her head. All that I could think was Why?