Chapter VI

"Razvan," she said while walking towards me, "You aren't still mad at me are you?" She placed her hand on my shoulder. I felt nothing. No shiver down my spine, no pleasure what so over, nothing like I felt before. I am free of her, I thought happily. She has no power over me.

"No, I am no longer mad at you," I said, "You are more of a thorn in my side than anything else." My voice was even, I was glad of that. She then slowly slid her other hand around my waist.

"I missed you," she said. Her eyes were bright, if I didn't know better; I would have thought that she actually missed me. But then again, I knew better.

"Fortunately," I said, "I can't say the same to you." She smiled. She did not believe me. She didn't know better.

"Well then, we're going to have to change that won't we?" It wasn't a question. She then pressed her body onto mine. My arms had not moved, they still hung on either side of me.

"Let's go," she whispered in my ear. "They have a new bed chamber, one we haven't been in...yet."

NOW! I yelled inside my head.

"Jaelle," I said in a low voice, "I'd like you to follow me." She nodded with a smirk and grabbed my hand. I led her passed the foyer to the entrance hall. A beautiful girl with dark hair and bright eyes a lighter shade than her hair came running towards us.

I let go of Jaelle's hand and opened my arms as wide as the smile on her face. She leaped into my arms and rapped her legs around my waist. She grabbed my face and kissed my lips forcefully. After a minute, which only seemed like a few seconds, she pulled away and looked at Jaelle.

"Who's this?" she asked me, in a way which lacked curiosity.

"Stazia," I said, knowing that she liked it when I called her that, "This is Jaelle Çelik, a family friend." Stacy nodded politely. "Jaelle, this is my Cypriga Stacy Adams." Jaelle's jaw dropped to the floor. She then spoke after a moment.

"Congratulations!" Though for Jaelle, it lacked ... well it lacked feeling.

"Thank you," I said with a smirk from her lack of enthusiasm.

"Stazia," I said looking back at my beloved. "I heard that they had a new chamber built for use. Would you like to see it?"

Stazia's smile grew as Jaelle's became a frown. Stacy kissed my lips once more and nodded.

I took her hand and dragged her away from the palace's wild she-goat.

When we were out of earshot, which in this place is a whole lot farther than you would think I looked at Răzvan. "Wild she-goat?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Don't go there."

I burst out laughing. "Did you make that up for her?"

"It's a juvenile joke, don't worry about it." he said. I knew he was embarrassed, but honestly, I didn't care, I actually was enjoying it. I kept laughing and then had to stop because my side hurt and I was out of breath.

It's really funny how I find non-funny things funny...no?

Strange...

"What's strange?" I asked him as we continued walking. Răzvan was clenching and unclenching his fists. He was frowning in thought.

"My brother hasn't arrived yet. I figured he would be coming back with Jaelle."

"Maybe he did," I said trying to make him hopeful. He knew I wasn't into it, I was more interested in hear about his brother. I didn't even know he had one.