The Boss..36..

"Where are you two headed?" Eric asks, staring at Michael's arms which are holding me. "Shouldn't you be in a hospital bed, Tam?"

"I've been discharged." I answer as he takes a step closer. "Michael's taking me out."

Eric regards us with narrowed eyes a few moments then blinks, "Where?"

"I'm taking Tamera home for the night, Eric." Michael answers as he makes to walk us around him.

"Oh," Eric smiles, stepping in Michael's way, as he looks to me. "would you like me to come over to your place and keep you company, Tamera?"

"That's not possible." Michael plays with the smile on his lips then he adds. "Because she's coming home with me."

The muscles in Eric's jaw work in irritation as he asks, "She's going where?"

"I'm going to Michael's place, Eric. But just for tonight." I reiterate and Eric stares at me vacantly for a second.

"Oh." He nods as he rubs the back of his head. "Oh--umm, okay. I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, Tam."

"It's alright--"

"I didn't know what happened to you until I called Mac and he told me. But are you okay? You got hit in the head, right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Eric. I have a mild concussion, but I'm okay."

"You sure?"

"She has a mild concussion, Eric," Michael breathes as he rolls his eyes. "but, yes, she is okay."

"Will you need some time off, sweetheart?" Eric asks, ignoring Michael.

"Yes, she will." Michael answers for me. Then Eric rolls his eyes and looks at him, annoyed. "She has a mild concussion, Eric."

"I heard." Eric replies, mockingly, before looking at me again. "Tamera, you can have the coming week off to recover. I don't want you back at the office until you've had an all clear check up with your doctor. No arguments."

"Okay," I smile at his assertiveness. "but who'll help you at work?"

"Don't worry about work, Tam. It's the weekend. I'll find someone. Just worry about getting yourself better."

"Thanks, Eric."

Eric caresses my cheek and grins. "It's no problem, Tam."

I smile at him then at the teddy bear in his arms. "Is he for me?"

"Oh, yeah, but," He chuckles at the three stuffed animals already in my lap. "I think you've had your fill, Tam."

"I'd like your bear too, Eric."

"Well, here." He offers with a soft smile then I take the bear into my lap. "I'll just take the balloon with me."

"Thank you." I smile again as Michael adjusts me in his arms for the third time.

"You're welcome."

"My arms, Tamera." Michael chuckles through discomfort. "Hurry, please."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I giggle as I adjust myself in his arms. "Thanks for coming to see me, Eric. I'll see you later. I'll call you, okay?"

"Alright." Eric nods and I touch his hand as he steps to the side.

"Bye."

"Bye."

Michael nods a goodbye to Eric as we walk around him into the opened elevator.

**

"Do you have a thing for stuffed animals, Tamera?" Michael asks as he places me in the passenger seat of his black Range Rover.