Elijah x reader part. 4

well.  it's definitely been a while folks. LETS GET BACK TO BUSINESS.  feel free to read the previous chapters to refresh the story in your mind.  Im also a bit rusty with writing, so you will have to forgive me darlings!  I hope you all have been well!

~

For a moment, in the haze of your passion, you see Elijah's eyes go black - feral, as his mouth parts from your own; and much to your whimpers,  he does not return.  Your heart aches for him, even as he still stands right before you, strong fingers grasping your waist, sending butterflies across your skin with the fire of his touch.  Whoever was at the door, you'd wish they'd disappear - leave forever so you could stay in this beautiful man's embrace; kiss him for eternity.  

Your dreams always seemed to be so rudely ended.

Elijah's lips curl back in a near snarl - and he is MURDEROUS.  Whoever dared interrupt him in this moment was going to pay DEARLY - for taking away this perfection from him -  his Y/N, and the heaven that was her lips, her tongue.  As he pulls back enough to behold her, he takes in the redness of her lips - how they've become swollen from his endless attacks, and he wants to worship her.  Some part of him grins darkly at her dreamy visage.  YES - she deserved this affection; every moment, every second of every day; she deserved someone to love her till the ends of the earth - to cherish her in ways only he could offer.  It is the mere thought that Y/N has never experienced such a love before, that pains him.  The Original vows that he shall live the very lengths of his immortality spending each moment to show her himself; to teach her of passion, of romance -- of pleasure.  It is the least he can do.

Mind recalls the annoying presence of the doorbell ringing distantly; and again, his anger flares; sending him steps back from his lover.  Eyes meet hers again briefly; in silent promise that he will return - perhaps that she should stay there as well.  After all, Elijah did not know who or what to expect behind his door, at this hour.  Whatever could they want?

Firm fingers grasp the door handle swiftly, pulling it open, nearly breaking it from its hinges, and he speaks not; merely stares in silent rage at the figure he faces.

              '  hello brother.  '  Klaus is haughty, daring to mock him as he comes to Elijah's own home - dares to face him while his mouth is stained crimson with blood, as though it is impossible for anyone to see him walking about.  If Y/N saw his brother now - how would Elijah explain?  How could she understand, how could she love him the same, when she knew just what kind of monster he was - if she learned his past?      ' ---  Aren't you going to let me in?  '  His voice again; is an intolerable annoyance; snide and cocky as always.

Elijah's anger coils within his stomach, and his face twists; contorts in his hatred; as hands grip his brothers jacket, and force him against the wall outside.  For a moment, Elijah thinks the stone cracks beneath his force, but it is merely the sound, and laughter follows in his ears.  

               '  oh come now brother - I know you've missed me -  '  Though prepared for a speech, Klaus stops, and lifts his nose - smelling something in the air; and Elijah pauses; prays he doesn't act brashly; but then the Hybrid is shoving him out of the way before Elijah can hold him back.  His brother has gone inside; no doubt smelling Y/N, and thinking her some kind of meal.

~

When Elijah disappeared, your heart fell in slight; you wanted to feel his arms around you again, a firm hold on your waist, on the small of your back.  He was so wonderful; a part of you scarcely believed he was real at all.

It was then in which you heard the door swing open, not far off, and murmers of conversation following.  You recognized Elijah's voice; deep and accented with something you couldn't place; along with another voice - more arrogant, with an altogether different feel.  A part of you thought best to stay put, that you'd be able to get back to your lovely dinner soon enough, but your curiosity got the better of you.

Careful, soft steps make their way towards the door, and through the mixed glass you see Elijah, hands fisting into the lapels of another man's jacket, pressing him forcefully agains the padio wall.  You froze then, because you didn't know what else to do; somehow the sight before you felt forbidden - like it was something you should never have stumbled upon.

Something in the air shifted, and as your mind raged with the notion that Elijah was acting much different than you were used to (mind that you had just met recently), you were scared.  You hadn't seen him so forceful before - who was he talking to any how.

The forms moved then; and the man with his back to you - the man whom Elijah had hands restraining, broke loose - and took great sweeping steps into the room to lock eyes with you.

Pulse raced, and you wanted to scream -

He had blood, so much blood, dripping from his mouth - and eyes grew so wide at the realization.  You didn't know what was going on - what was happening, until you were scrambling backwards; back towards the bookcase.  A scream was caught in your throat, and the man lifted a brow, a sinful smirk upon his lips.

               '  Elijah, I had no idea you were a fan of take out.  '

You didn't know what the man meant, but he was eyeing you like you'd be the next thing staining his mouth - and It was then you saw Elijah; as he came storming back into the main room, and his eyes found yours - and you saw the horror in his gaze; as well as the pain.  How had you been so blind to imagine such a fantasy could belong to you?

                '  Y/N!  --  '  His voice sounds broken - pleading in some kind of horrible way as he pushes passed the unfamiliar man, as you are rushing to your feet, desperate to get away from this - this - this nightmare!  

Your vision swims with hot tears, casting the image of Elijah in distorted shapes; but you have no care for it now ----  the door to his house is still open; and you are running as though your life depended on it.  Running, and aching, and falling apart from the inside out, as your feet his the pavement outside his house, and you head home.  You can't look at him, -- you don't even know what he is, or what it was that he saw, but you can hear his voice calling to you again.  Screaming for you, as you race from him.

You know if you turn to face him your knees will give out and you will fall again; but you don't know if you want him to catch you.

~

His heart is tearing apart, all over again, as though centuries of time have only reopened his scars; and he wants to fall to his knees in his torment.  He had only just begun to know you, to fall for you, and already he was losing you.

The pain turns into blinding rage - as he feels Klaus' presence once more beside him, and his fists collide with his jaw - and he sees RED.

             ' WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!  '