But comprehending what he said I feel myself being pushed back mentally. "What? No! He isn't gone!" I panicked a bit louder than intended.

"Calm down, darling. Just remember that I let you go back to your mother and friends." He reassures me.

I nod. "Really?"

He smiles and his loving face his back, pointed towards me. "Really. I love you too much to keep you away from your loved ones, but always remember, that I am around and I will never leave you."

"What about Elijah then? I have to know." I try again.

"You will not see him again,
that's all I have to say." He says and tries to stop me from asking further, but I am not giving up, not yet.

"But yesterday you said you were going to keep me forever?" I furrow my eyebrows and so does he.

"I changed my mind. I am still going to be near, but it is unfair of me to keep you away from your mother. Still will I be there."

I let out a puff of air. I will be with my mother again, I will see my best friend again. Smiling a bit, it fell soon when realising Elijah is still missing.

Harry's eyes softened along with his featured and for the first time I felt a bit at ease. Looking down at my hands and turning away from him, I wanted to say something but do not know what exactly.

Harry left my body standing and turned his back towards me, walking out of the room. He stopped in the white hallways and asked me to come downstairs, on which I nodded, eager to finally leave the room.

I jogged after him down the stairs and adored his curls. They looked so soft and beautiful. Unusual hair for a man, but it suited him and his behavior.

And before I knew, I admitted,
"You have beautiful hair."

I immediately closed my eyed and felt my cheeks getting red. I tried to shy away from him and his reaction, but I hear him chuckling. He thanks me playfully and I look at him, to see him at the end of the stairs already. I meet his stare and once again I feel flustered, on which he just keeps smirking and watching me until I am downstairs.

Harry leads me into the kitchen and unsuprisingly it is all white. I frown and look at his lean body. He leans over the counter and folds enormous hands together in front of him.

"Why is everything white?" I mention, my curiosity getting the best of me. I see him licking his lips and his eyes pierce into me.

"Because white is pure, which I am not. It reminds me to try and be pure." He rasps and I try to hear all of his soft spoken words. Very slowly he pronounces them and I nod at his answer.

My hands follow the walls and they wander over the stone, until they stop when seeing artworks in front of my face. I look up at them and study all three of them carefully.

"And do you succeed?" I eventually ask him, wondering if he succeeds in trying to be pure.

I look back at the paintings in front of me and wait for his answer. I see the way the black paint decorates the white canvas of all three paintings.

"I painted them." He states and ignores my previous question. I decided to let it go and let him talk about his art. I turn around to him and see him still standing on the other side of the light room.

"Do they have a meaning?"

He looks over at them and I also focus on the paintings. The first painting is the white canvas with just a black spot in the middle. The middle one is messier, black everywhere, more spread. But the white of the canvas is still visible. And the last one lets a shiver run up my spine -- the white is completely gone, the canvas all black.

"They sure do mean something, they describe me. The first one is how it started," he looked at the first one,
staring at it with an almost anger expression. "The second one how it got worse and the last one how it swallowed me and left me all black."

I looked at him and saw his pained expression, his eyes wandering into the unknown. Revealing a deep secret, but still one I can not understand.

"What do you mean? What started?" I walk over to him and stand in front of him. But he just shakes his head and walks to the fridge, opening the thing and grabbing a cake out of it. Harry shoves the plate towards me. "Eat."

"But why don't you-?" He shakes his head again, his curls moving along.
"I have already told enough."

His eyes stare into mine and he dares me to say anything. I bite my lips and look away from him, focusing on the cake and taking a couple of bites.

It tastes delicious and melted on my tongue, the strawberry taste almost making me moan. He is watching me and I start to feel uncomfortable.
"Can you please stop looking at me when I am eating?"

He sits down on the opposite side of the table and his head is leaning on his hand. He mocks me with his stare and I roll with my eyes.

"Why? Does it make you uncomfortable?" I nod and avoid his stare. Licking off my fingers, I finish the cake.

He snickers a bit and raises his hands as a defence and sign of surrendering in the air. I smile at him and push the plate away. He walks to the fridge and gets himself a drink.

"Can I have some too?" I ask him, my throat being a bit dry. I lick my lips and try to wet them.

He takes a gulp out of the bottle filled wih water and holds it in my reach, ready for me to drink out of it.

"Do I have to drink out of the same bottle?" He nods and makes
a gesture for me to get onto it.
"Are you serious? Don't you have a cup or something?"

"No, now drink it or you won't drink at all. Your choice. You love kissing me, there is no difference."
He shrugs and fiddles with the rings on his hands.

I scof, but keep quiet. Afraid to cross a line and risk seeing his dark eyes again. I exhale and quickly drink out of the bottle, swallowing his drink. I give it back and ge continues drinking it. Done, he takes my empty plate away.

"You enjoyed it? Do you want something else?" He offers.

I shake my head saying,
"No thanks, I have had enough."

"That's okay, darling. Are you in for a walk?" he asks me.
I nod, eager to get out and maybe have a chance to work out my plan.

•//////