question 27//countdown to heaven

Start from the beginning

          Jungkook was already standing next to his vehicle and hugged Taehyung quickly. "Do you have a weapon? The man ran in while dragging your friend's body without locking the door, so it's probably a trap." Taehyung nodded clutching his knife a little tighter in his cold palm. He saw the large gun in Jungkook's hand and gave a small smile. Time to make another human suffer.

          They entered through the flimsy door cautiously, and Taehyung for the first time had to make an effort, even if it wasn't much, to maintain his poker face.

          Some gangster looking man had Taemin tied in front of him, his face beaten up and bruised a dark shade of purple.

          The man's smirk quickly wiped off of his face after seeing such a calm look on Taehyung's face but he kept his composure. "Well well, look who it is. Kim Taehyung came to save his little friend Lee Taemin. What a nice reunion, is it not?"

          Taehyung tilted his head, no emotion written on his face but the man could sense the confusion. "You may not remember me, but I still remember you two clearly. The filthy, black stains in my life. Did you know? I went to the same high school! I was the stereotypical voiceless nerd that studied because of my parents. Of course my peaceful life ended after you two came along. Disgusting troublemakers that still achieved high grades. My ranking went down and my own fucking family disowned me. They took everything away from me and I had nowhere to go."

          The man scowled and spit on the ground. "All that was left for me was to live a life of scamming to get money somehow. And guess what I found out? I find out that little Taemin over here-" the man kicked Taemin's side hard, making him hit the ground, "got a stable job of a policeman and you got yourself a rich boyfriend."

          The man was shouting by then. "Both of you ruined my life and now you have to pay for it. Taemin was honestly just bait for you to come with that rich boyfriend of yours, but I still wanted to have my fun and release some stress." The man gave a pointed look down at Taemin's injuries. "Thus the fucked up condition that he's in right now."

          The man cackled and he turned back to Taehyung. "So let me make a deal with you. Tell your boyfriend to give his company to me and I'll give Taemin back to you. Doesn't that sound good? It's the least you could do."

          Taehyung had been looking at the ground the whole time that the man was blabbering, and he finally lifted up his head. Jungkook had felt continuous rage throughout the man's speech but kept still for Taehyung's sake. What would happen next was unpredictable.

          By then, Taehyung's self control was on a thin line. His eyes showed signs of insanity and he wore the deadliest expression that Jungkook had ever seen, but his eyes were glassy. Like he could cry any minute if he was touched.

          The man stepped back a little hesitantly at the dark expression, but still kept a firm grip on Taemin who was too weak to struggle. Taehyung bared his teeth. "You dare think of Jungkook as some property of mine that makes money for me?" Taehyung growled through gritted teeth.

          Jungkook glanced at him sideways, still unsure of where things were going, but he had to admit that his heart squeezed at Taehyung's comment despite the deadly atmosphere. Taehyung continued. "I will fucking end you, you just watch me." Taehyung laughed loudly, but it was unsure and weak. Far from his usually confident laugh.