"Shut up."

"Anyway," she giggled, opting to finally put him out of his misery, "did you see Josh Davis at the dueling club last week? I swear I hadn't seen him there before."

James' eyes widened slightly, remembering Remus' words regarding the boy and his sentiments towards Alexis. "That insufferable Ravenclaw, you mean?"

A crease appeared between her eyebrows, "I thought he was rather nice, actually."

"A nice twat."

"No, just a nice lad. He was really good at---," James' lips muffled the words that never got to leave Alexis' mouth, figuring a kiss would be the only way to leave Josh Davies out of the conversation. "Wow, it's so easy to make you jealous."

He groaned but was unable to hide the amused look in his face. "I am not jealous, woman."

"Good, because Remus is actually an amazing cuddler. Really cozy and comfy," she continued teasing him as she stood up to leave.

"Ok, you're pushing it now." He rolled his eyes, walking after her.

"Did you see Malfoy today? Guy's not quite my type, but his hair looked radiant!" 

A sour expression crossed his face. "That was low."

"How about Snape -- "

"GOODBYE!"

Things had seemingly gone back to normal but Alexis had a nagging sensation that warned her she was experiencing the calm before the storm. So far, she'd only seen the drizzle. Although James had been loving and supportive she found the real comfort with Remus, who gave her knowing looks every time their eyes met. It was reassuring for her to know that someone had met her demons and was opting to stay.

The murders had continued, with many Hogwarts students unfortunately falling victims to such events. Many of them had to leave the castle after a loved one was killed or left in critical condition after defying the Dark Lord or not being pure enough in his eyes. Many people were still skeptical about Alexis and her relation to the culprit of this bloodshed, but their opinions never went past mumbles or inner monologues because by now they knew that the Marauders weren't so kind to those who spoke ill of her. 

That Thursday evening Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters claimed another four lives who hit close to the castle, the Macdonald family. As the head of Gryffindor House, Professor McGonagall was responsible for delivering such tragic news much to her dismay. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first time the Heads Of Houses had to approach students telling them to head to Dumbledore's office where they would receive the dreadful news, so when Minerva approached Mary and instructed her to do just that, advising Marlene McKinnon to accompany her friend, everyone held their breath, already well aware of what had happened. The Great Hall remained silent even after the shaking girls who followed the elder witch were out of view.

Alexis, who had been hauled by her friends to sit at the Gryffindor table, sunk lower into her seat, already feeling the glares and accusing gazes some people were sending her way. One of them belonged to none other than Lily Evans, and if looks could kill, Lily would've singlehandedly buried Alexis ten feet under.