Epilogue

The day couldn't have been any more perfect. The venue was perfect. The decorations were perfect. The weather was absolutely perfect. Their Parisian outdoor wedding felt like a fairytale that anyone would be envious of. However, the day felt too perfect as Adrien stood in front of the full-length mirror, staring back at himself. Happiness radiated in his eyes, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get rid of that underlying worry. In less than a half hour, he'd be watching the love of his life walk down the aisle toward him. But Paris always took precedence over everything else in his life. If something bad happened or someone happened to get akumatized by some miracle—even after Adrien had returned the Miraculous to Master Fu—then the entire wedding could be ruined. He couldn't do that to Marinette. They had waited far too long for this moment.

Adrien began pacing back and forth in the small room, biting his nails when even the pacing didn't do much to calm his nerves.

"Calm down, will ya?" Plagg said sleepily as he poked his black head out of Adrien's perfectly fitted tux. "I'm trying to sleep here and you're not making it any easier."

With a sigh, Adrien stopped pacing but the crease between his brows never disappeared. "Sorry, Plagg. It's just that I've waited years and years to be with My Lady. What if the universe won't let us be together? What if something goes wrong? What if—"

"You're so needy sometimes, you know that?"

Adrien gave him a scowl. "You're one to talk."

"Look, kid. You're just going to sabotage your big day if you keep worrying. Why don't you go see Your Lady? That always makes you feel better."

Immediately, Adrien straightened up as a flash of excitement appeared in his eyes, but he immediately pushed it down. Nope, nope, nope. Marinette would kill him if he saw her in her wedding dress before they were married. But... What if he just took a little peek? It wouldn't hurt anybody, would it?

Although he really shouldn't have considered it, he pushed away the flicker of guilt in his heart before he held out a fist, a determined look in his eyes. "Plagg, claws out!"

Plagg seemed all too eager to have something to do as he leaped into Adrien's ring, turning Adrien from a nervous groom into a confident black cat. As Chat Noir, he threw the window open and jumped out, carefully scaling the rooftop as to not be seen. It didn't take long before he found Marinette's bridal room and dropped down onto the balcony. When he threw the double doors open, Marinette shrieked in surprise, but instantly her expression melted into relief upon seeing him. She looked stunningly beautiful in the dress she made herself. The lacy white material was accented by a red belt at her waist to match the hairpiece carefully placed in her updo. Adrien couldn't breathe for a long few moments as he stared back at his future bride in awe.

"I thought you'd never show up," Marinette whispered, flying into his arms, and before he could stop it, the nervousness that both of them felt turned into passion. He picked her up in his arms and pinned her against the wall as she managed to straddle his waist with her legs, even in her beautiful white dress. They kissed again and again and again, melting into each other's embrace as the love between them sparked passion. Adrien loved her so much. He couldn't even fathom the thought of not being in her life. They were made for each other. They—

"I found it!" Alya yelled as she burst into the room, holding a bouquet of red and white flowers, but as soon as she laid eyes on them, her jaw dropped and seemingly hit the floor. "Mari—What—How—"

Both Marinette and Adrien stared back at her like doe in the headlights, their expressions just as surprised and shocked as hers, and it wasn't until a few moments later that Adrien realized that he was still in his Chat Noir transformation.

Adrien set Marinette back down on her feet and grimaced, running an embarrassed hand behind his neck. How could they get out of this one?

"It's not what it looks like!" Marinette cried, the first one to break the stunned silence.

"What would Adrien think?!" Alya yelled, her wide eyes darting back and forth between Marinette and Chat. "You're cheating on Adrien with Chat Noir? Honestly, what would Adrien think?!"

"Yeah, what would Adrien think?" Chat Noir exclaimed, but all too quickly, Marinette lashed out at him with the nearest thing she could reach—which happened to be a book—smacking him hard in the shoulder. "Ow!"

"Don't pin this on me! Not on our wedding day!"

Again, Alya's jaw dropped as she stared back at Chat, looking as if she just might faint at any second. "Adrien? Chat, you're Adrien?"

"Well, the cat's out of the bag," Chat laughed, jumping up on the railing out on the balcony and saluting to a flustered looking Marinette. "I love you, M'lady. I can't wait to see you in a few minutes."

Marinette's fluster became replaced by a soft, sweet smile as she gave him a small wave, and the last thing he heard before jumping back onto the roof was Alya screaming happily and demanding that Marinette tell her everything. Whelp... There goes that secret. But she was bound to find out sooner or later, especially because her husband, Nino, was training to be the new Miraculous safeholder. Marinette should be thanking him. Now they didn't have to keep lying all the time to their best friends.

Transforming back into Adrien, he confidently opened the door to his room and strode out to meet Nino and their many guests outside, now feeling so much better after seeing Marinette, even just for a few minutes.

"You're not going to pass out on me, are you?" Nino joked, smoothing Adrien's crinkled tux.

Adrien snorted with laughter and rolled his eyes. "You mean like how you did on your wedding day? Honestly, you're lucky I had such fast reflexes, otherwise you would have made an even bigger fool of yourself than you already did."

"Ha-ha," Nino replied, an amused glint in his eye. "Alya never fails to bring it up every chance she gets."

They quieted as music began to play, and simultaneously, Adrien's heart leaped to his throat in anticipation. He watched eagerly from his place at the front as the flower girl came down the aisle, followed by Marinette's bridesmaids, and finally a flash of white came into view as Marinette made her entrance, holding onto her emotional father's arm. All over again, Adrien completely lost his breath at the very sight of his lady. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life and he couldn't believe that he was about to marry her. This really was the best, happiest day of his entire life.

His eyes watered slightly as Tom kissed his daughter's cheek and handed her over to Adrien, and when Adrien took both her hands, it took all his might not to become even more choked up. He really couldn't be happier as the two of them smiled back at each other and held tightly onto one another's hands.

The ceremony commenced and the entire time, Adrien couldn't look away from Marinette's beautiful eyes. These were the same eyes he had fallen in love with years and years ago when he only knew her as Ladybug. They were the same eyes of the woman who laughed with him, who cried with him, who fought with him, who loved him. They were the eyes that he felt so lucky that he got to gaze back into for the rest of his life.

They recited their vows, vowing to love and cherish each other for the rest of their lives as partners, as friends, as lovers. And when it was time to kiss the bride, Adrien's face beamed with happiness as he gazed back into Marinette's beautiful bluebell eyes. It was in that moment that he saw forever. In that moment, he knew that his parents—although gone from this world—were watching from above. Marinette was his forever and he'd never pass up an opportunity to show her just how much he loved her.

Adrien dipped her low and leaned in enticingly close, his mischievous grin coming out to play as he gazed back into her eyes. "You look pawww-sitively radiant today, My Lady."

Marinette giggled and rolled her eyes. "Just shut up and kiss me already, kitty."

She grabbed him by the tie and pulled him close, their lips meeting and the world instantly melting away. All the cheers, the whistles, and the clapping disappeared as he kissed his sweetheart, feeling like the luckiest kitty in the world. With his new wife by his side, the two of them would make one unstoppable team.