Turquoise Moon (ch 11)

Chapter 11

I woke before Yule did. Somehow with him in this tiny cage of a room it... it didn't feel so bad. Yesterday, how was I to explain that? A mistake? I stared down at him, his face hidden behind his tangle of black curls. Even in sleep a mischievous smile lingered on his lips. I smiled briefly it didn't feel like a mistake but it was also hard to ignore the eight years of "vampires are an abomination to nature." I had instilled in me. Even now staring down I felt the tinges of his, like an old rug who's unwanted but refuses to be tucked away for good leaving it's self peeping through the closet door. For now most of it was tucked away but it was still there waiting for me to return into the warrior I had once been.

I stood up careful not to wake Yule. I ducked into the bathroom. Beneath the beads of water that fell over me from the shower head I recalled the night before.

"I want you." why did saying those words feel so right when I knew everything about last night was so wrong. He had held me so close then as if this was it for him; this is what he had been waiting for.

By the time I finished up I found Yule was no longer in the room. This was the first day here that I wasn't being locked in or stuck in bed healing. I tugged on some close they had brought from my home and walked out. I held my breath, even though no one told me I needed to stay here exactly I couldn't help but feel like I was going to get in trouble by being out here. Like usual I ignored my better judgment and began walking aimlessly around the empty halls till I heard Yule's voice. I hadn't realized I had been looking for him till I felt a sigh of relief flow out of me.

"No, I wont allow it." Shouted Yule

"Don't be be a fool Horace! You think he'll let you go through with this?" I stopped when I heard yelling from inside the room.

"Listen to him Yule. Do what's best for the girl and you." Horace? I stopped realizing that it must be Yule's first name. I blushed as I realized after what happened, or almost happened, last night I hadn't know his first name till now

"Don't give me that Stanley, you know her lest than I do. Were it not for me you still would be out there looking for her." Yule snapped back. They were talking about me.

Straut was fuming now, "You can't be serious! She has her spell on you, your "love" for her isn't real." I hadn't thought about that, it was true though wasn't it? The only reason he felt anything for me was because of my blood.

Stan seamed to be the only calm one between the three, "Let her decide then, let her choose i-"

"Choose what?" I burst through the door surprising everyone but Yule-Horace, who seemed to have expected that I'd be listening.

"Er uh," Stan looked flushed under the sudden pressure of my gaze, "maybe you're right, now isn't the time."

"No, you wanted to do this so do it!" demanded Yule-Horace.

"Horace?" I whispered to him as Stan collected himself.

He growled, "Don't." he warned and I couldn't help a smile. From the corner of my eye I saw Straut go tense. I looked to him and he was staring at us. Yule had me tucked in his side like a mother duck defending her own. Once again I was reminded of what Straut had said about my blood, this Yule wasn't real was he?

"I want you to come back with me to where I and the others live." Stan had begun to speak which instantly grabbed at my attention.

"Others?" for some reason I felt Yule stiffen beside me.

The smile I had seen the day before returned to Stan's nervous face, "Other Sirens like you and me."

"There are others!" I felt joy radiate from me.