“So I guess you aren’t a morning person.” A husky voice said chuckling.

I looked at the person to whom the voice belonged and started to freak out. Then I remembered falling asleep on Michael’s chest.

“Good morning Mace.” He told me with a bright smile.

Oh God, I wish I can wake up to this smile everyday…

“Good morning, Mike!” I told him with the same bright smile and cheerful voice.

Wow, that’s a first for me. Usually I don’t talk much in the mornings, because I’m not a morning person.

Michael chuckled and I made move to get up. He was still holding me and we were both looking at each other in our eyes.  I remembered the scene from last night where we almost kissed. This time I looked at his lips first and then he did the same with mine. I lowered my head towards him, since I was practically strangling him.

Just as our lips were going to touch, we heard loud footsteps coming down stairs. We both quickly separated each other and I sat on the floor, pretending I just woke up. At that time, I think I heard Michael growl.

“Oh cool, you’re awake Macy! Can you please tell me where you guys keep the big bowls? I feel like eating pancakes.” Nathan told me with a smile.

I just looked at him and remembered what he had done yesterday night. I felt so mad at him and felt betrayed for some reason.

“Wow, Nathan. You look bright awake! What time did you wake up?” I asked him with a fake smile and fake cheerful voice.

I knew Michael can see threw me and understood that I was pissed that’s why he interrupted me and said: “Damn look at the time. It’s only 9am! You guys wake up pretty early for a Saturday morning…”

“I… I just couldn’t sleep, so I went upstairs to watch some movies. The others just woke up a couple of minutes ago, so I guess it’s not THAT early…” Nate staggered.

“Anyways, it’s always good waking up early…” Michael said and got up scratching his head and feeling awkward.

I didn’t want to stay in the room either and got up from the floor as well. I didn’t want to see Nate right now. Especially not when I just wake up and my mood is so grumpy.

I got up and grabbed my blanket and walked right behind Michael. When I was climbing on the stairs to head back I said: “You can find the bowl in the cupboard under the sink.”

I got to the main floor of the house and sat on the couch with the rest of my friends.

“So guys, how did everyone sleep?” I asked them all.

“Not better than you. You had Michael to use as a bed! I slept on the freakin’ floor, because you two couple were hogging the couch.” Vince said faking mad and barf.

I felt myself blush and turned to look at Michael who had cheeks turning light pink. It was so cute, but soon I diverted my gaze from him, so my friends wouldn’t notice.

“Oh shut up Vince.” I said with laughter in my voice.

“My, my! Is that Macy who is smiling this morning?! This has to be some miracle. I bet soon we would see pigs flying in the air.” Malcolm said with a joking tone.

“Oh shut up, guys! I’m not that bad in the morning. Am I?” I asked with a fake irritated voice.

“You’re the worst person to wake up to, Macy!” Victoria said with a calm voice.

Everyone laughed at that and so did I.

“Hey! I wanna laugh too! Why is everyone laughing?” Nate asked walking in the room with a plate full of pancakes.

“We will tell you, once you give us some of those pancakes.” Vince told him strictly and everyone nodded their heads in agreement. I didn’t want to be the mood killer, so I joined them in and nodded my head as well.

We all laughed and soon we were all following Nate into the kitchen to taste his famous pancakes. Apparently that’s the only thing he can cook.

***

 An hour passed and everyone was just chilling in the hall watching The Simpsons. We didn’t know what to do and we were all so bored.

“Yo guys, it’s so boring. We should do something.” Vince said when the commercial came on screen.

“What do you wanna do?” Malcolm asked, while Victoria was leaning on his chest and playing with his hand.

“Why don’t we all go to the park? We can play basketball or something.” Nate suggested sitting up straight from his seat. He was sitting right beside Michael, while I was seated beside Vince on the other couch. All together, we had three couches in the living room.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea. We should go to the park. Macy, doesn’t your brother have a basketball?” Vince asked me and I nodded my head.

“Duh! Of course her brother has a basketball! He was like the all-time best basketball player in our school.” Victoria said and got up from the seat. She headed to the kitchen and I heard the fridge door open.

“Wow, your brother plays basketball?” Nate asked me looking shocked.

“Yup! How do you think Michael’s one of the best basketball player now?” I asked and winked at Michael. The exotic boy just smiled at me and looked at his hands which were resting on his knees.

“Oh yeah, I wanted to ask Michael to play against me. Everyone says you’re that best player that every school want to have in their team. I want to play against you and see if you’re really that awesome.” Nathan said and got up as well.

“Ouuuu! I hear a challenge. We are so playing a match today.” Malcolm said pretending to sound like a girl and got up as well. This guy is so weird, he sometimes like to act like a girl for no reason.

Well looks like we’re heading to the park.

“Challenge?! What challenge?” my best friend asked coming back into the living room.

“Michael’s gonna have a match with Nate to see if he’s really that good. Well that is if Michael accepts first…” Vince said and Michael cut him off and talked for the first time after an hour of loafing around: “Let the game begin!” Michael said and got up as well.

By now, everyone’s gotten up except for me. Nathan came to me and passed me his hand to get up from my sit.

“Time to get up Macy. Go get your brother’s ball.”

I took Nate’s hand and got up. I went upstairs and opened the only closet on the floor, which had all my brother’s things once he left for college. His bedroom is now a guest room.

I looked in the closet and saw picture frames, albums and finally on the floor, on top of a box full of video games, I saw the ball. It didn’t have enough air, but I still brought it back downstairs.

“Guys, there’s no air in the ball so we should stop at the gas station and fill the ball up.” They all nodded their heads and soon I was getting my keys to lock the doors.

A/N:

Okay guys, that’s it for today. I would just like to say that I would really appreciate it if you guys all commented and voted, if you like.

I only have a couple of readers and it would mean a lot to me if you guys voted and commented. If you can, can you please tell your friends about my story too…?

Anyways, thanks for reading.

-nm <3 :)