Chapter 5

*claires pov*

I smile down at Rylie and gently pet her ears. "Ill always care about you." I say loving the way her joy lights up her eyes. 

Ill admit, I was a bit unsure hen she said she wanted such short hair but now I think its adorable. I was soon brought back to reality as the doorbell rang. 

"come in." I call knowing it was just Alex and Diamond. He walked in as soon as I called that and I greeted him with a hug. Alex is a few inches taller than me with curly blonde hair and blue eyes. Hes well built which basically makes him a chick magnet.

"Alex, this is my neko. Her name is Rylie."  I tell him, gesturing to Rylie who had gone to hide right behind me and peeking over my shoulder at him. 

Alex chuckles at her. "Hello Rylie." He says making her nod before quickly hiding her face in my back. I wonder what she has against him.

Alex smiles a bit and shakes his head. "She one isn't she. Rylie this is my neko Diamond. She's a year older than you but I'm sure you'll get along just fine while Claire and I talk." he says making an effort for her to be comfortable around him.

Diamond was a moderately short neko with white hair and light blue ears. I wonder how she and Rylie have such unnaturally colored fur. I smile at Rylie as she looks at Diamond shyly and gives a small wave. Diamond giggles and waves back happily. 

"How about you two go play in the family room and we'll be in my room." I tell Rylie who nods and leads Diamond there. Alex and I walk to my room and sit together on a bed, putting on Netflix while we chat.

*Rylies POV (Point of view)*

"Hi Diamond." I smile at her and show her the ball I have. "Do you want to play with me?" I ask her, happy to be with someone of my own species. 

She gives one look at the ball and glances at our masters before scoffing and crossing her arms. "Why would I touch that thing. Only Dogs and Kittens play with balls." she says causing my ears to press against my head as I set it down.

"We could play-" she quickly cut me off.

"I don't want to play with you alley cat." she snaps, grabbing my ear and digging her claws into the soft flesh. "I don't want to be in this stupid house, I just want to be at home with master."

"Don't call my home stupid!" I tell her. 

"Oh please, you don't have a home. An ugly disobedient pet like you, you'll be returned by the end of the week."

I glared darkly at her. "My mistress isn't going to return me!"

"Who would want a hostile pet anyways." she says with an evil glint in her eyes. I didn't understand I didn't hurt anyone. I realized what she meant too late as she scratched her own cheek before running towards the room where our masters are, letting out fake cries of pain. My eyes widen as I quickly run after her.

"Master! Master! Rylie attacked me!" I heard Diamond crying to Alex, hiding in his arms.  Alex glared  at me as soon as I walked in making me want to hide as my own eyes teared up in fear. 

"Rylie! why did you attack her!" he demanded and I turned to my mistress for help. Mistress Claire would believe me, right?

"Mistress please I didn't attack her, you have to believe me. She scratched herself."

"Why would she scratch herself. Look what you've done you animal." Alex says to me before turning to Diamond and cooing sweet words at her. 

"I-"

"I don't want to hear it. You apologize to her this instant." What is it with people and cutting me off today. 

"S-sorry." I mumbles and scampered out of the way as he picked up his neko and walked o the door. 

"I'm coming back unless you keep her on a leash." he says and shuts the door leaving mistress and me alone in silence.

I could feel her eyes on my back and cowered down, shaking in fear. I don't want to be punished. I don't want to be punished.

My breathing became uneven once again as she got up and walked towards me, I couldn't bring myself to face her. 

"Let me see your hands Rylie." she says, her voice giving away no emotion which scared me even more. Slowly I turned to her direction and held out my hands, looking straight at the ground. 

"Please don't break them mistress, please I didn't scratch her. don't hurt me..." I quietly begged her as she took my hands, holding them up and looking at both sides of each of them.

"I'm not upset with you Rylie," She says, quieting my pleas. "There's no blood on your hands, you couldn't have been the one to scratch her. I trust you Rylie okay?" she says and guides my face up towards hers but I still look down with my eyes.

"Rylie look at me." she says and I quickly obey her command. As soon as I did she pulled me into a hug and started petting my ears which caused me to purr. She wiped the tears from my eyes and tucked my hair behind my ears before her cheeks went a light red, I wonder why. 

"Lets go make some cookies, would that make you feel better?" she asks me and I nod with a quiet sniffle.

"Chocolate chip?"

Claire smiles at me. "My favorite."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

Awwww happy ending again, ya know after panicking about getting hurt or returned.

Anyone wondering why she was asking Claire not to break her hands? well ill explain that right here in the memory. Warning its sad.

Rylies pov age 15

Master came home late tonight, he sounded angry as he raged on about someone dumping him. He grabbed a beer from the fridge and practically chugged it before throwing it at the wall with a grunt of anger.

"Clean that up and get out of my sight." he says and I quickly do as he tells me. I know that when master is mad I have to be on very good behavior. I kneel down and starting piking up the glass. after a moment I hear his footsteps and he steps right on my hand causing the glass in my hand to dig into my palms as I feel the warm blood dripping down. 

"Didn't I tell you to get out of my sight." he growls and I gulp nervously.

"You told me to pick up the glass mas-" I was cut off by my own scream of pain as he crushed my hand between his foot and he wood floor until I heard three sickening cracks of my bone. Tears streamed down my face as I tried to tug my hand out from under his foot only to have the pain increase. 

"Master please stop, you're hurting me!" I cry, once again giving my hand a sharp tug in attempt to free it. This time he picked up his foot at the last second which sent my little body tumbling backwards, over the sharp glass which ripped open the back of my shirt along with my skin. 

I quickly got up and ran to my room, shutting the door and hiding under the bed. I bit down on my blanket to try and stop my cries of pain. Part of the bone was sticking out of my hand from the way I had jerked it. My index and middle fingers were swollen and discolored, probably broken as well. 

I somehow managed to cry myself to sleep. In the morning master apologized to me and took my to the vet to get my hand fixed up then he got me ice cream. I told him that I forgave him and left it at that. I always forgave my masters, it was my fault anyways not theirs. I'm grateful just to have them, even if it hurts me.