Chapter 24 - Karma

Chapter 24

Kat

Carl nudged me awake. My eyes opened to the sun just above me, covered by Carl's hat. I tensed a little, staring up at his eyes.

Please don't talk to me, I begged his eyes. Don't tell me that all you see is blood.

His eyes didn't speak to me morbidly then. Carl was lovingly staring down at me, the sun's rays crisp above him. I smiled and groaned, rolling over in the dirt and covering my face.

"I don't wanna get up," I moaned. Carl smirked and kissed my head.

"Let's go, pretty girl. Time to eat," he cooed, sitting me up. I smiled at him, glad that I didn't have to be afraid of his eyes.

It doesn't matter if you are afraid, something said to me. You have to help him. If you are afraid, everyone is. Bring him back. Don't let his dark side take over.

I stood up, crossing my arms.

"Don't you dare call me that," I said, pretending to be mad. Carl smiled. It was the first thing he called me, and I remember being so flattered and scared at the same time. It had been the first time a guy had given me a compliment. It made me feel good, but I had been scared because I didn't know Carl. Now, all I could've been thinking was how I wanted to melt right into his mouth.

"You love it," Carl chuckled, pulling my hips into him. He leaned his head down, placing his warms lips on mine. This had been our third kiss, and I knew there was going to be many more. I needed to stop counting. I loved his kisses, and three just wasn't going to do for me. I wanted more and more and more.

I cupped Carl's face, sighing as he pulled away.

"No..." I groaned, trying to pull him back. Carl smirked again, his eyes a wonderful blue.

"Don't worry, I'll give you more later, pretty girl," he whispered. I looked over and saw the group still sitting away from us, talking amongst each other. Carl's dad was sneaking glances at us, and suddenly I felt extremely embarrassed. All of them were sneaking glances at us, and I saw Judith pointing to her mouth in confusion. I laughed into Carl's chest, tightening my grip on the collar of his jacket.

"Looks like we have an audience," I said softly, rubbing my nose against his shirt. Carl rubbed the back of my neck with his thumb, chuckling. He pulled away from me, tugging me gently towards the others. My cheeks began to burn madly. I was hoping that no one saw our good morning kiss.

"Good morning, you two," Maggie said, smiling at her feet. Glenn laughed a little, and Daryl threw me a playful glance. I felt the blood creep up to my cheeks, and I knew my face was turning red.

"Good morning," I said, smiling at Rick and Judith. Judith stood up and toddled over to me, jumping with her hands held up.

"Up, up!" She demanded. I smiled and bent down, picking her up and placing her on my waist. Carl chuckled, grabbing her nose softly. She giggled and mimicked him, grabbing his nose the same way. Judith turned her face back to me and ran her finger over the bruise on my face. I ignored the pain and smiled. Carl gently took Judith away from me, seeing she wanted to touch more of my face. He smiled and kissed Judith's forehead, smiling at me. He mouthed, "Sorry," but I shook my head. It was okay, to me. If I couldn't stop Carl's devious thoughts, Judith could.

"We gotta get moving soon," Rick announced, glancing around. "Savannah is a long way. We're heading to Macon first. Gotta be stuff there. Supplies. Clothes. Then, we're going to hit the road. Do the same to all the cities we come across. We strip the places clean..."