Chapter 20: Aphrodite & Adonis

"...Time is very slow for those who wait;
very fast for those who are scared;
very long for those who lament;
very short for those who celebrate;
But for those who love, time is eternal..."

Nick's POV
I arrived in Kei's neighborhood sometime past midnight. It's an odd hour to be parked a few houses away from hers but the flight is also at an odd hour. I had a full day at the office. I had to get home and pack, also pick my daughter. But I also have to work according to her time table and that is only when Jason leaves. I hate that things have to work according to that man's schedule and not when I fucking want!

I'm in a constant agitated state thanks to this situation. Sharing her is frustrating. There are nights I have driven past her house because I had some crazy thought of dropping by and kissing the life out of her! Am I losing my mind over this woman? Yes!  Dissolving her marriage is the first thing on my list. I'm still motivated to be the only man in the picture. The only man.

I made a promise to Tony that I'll patch things up with our mother. I'll drop in to see her after spending some time alone with Keira in Santorini. I'm dropping Maddie off first and then  we go to Santorini. It will be the first time my family is meeting her.

Jason has just left the house with a bag. I don't know where he's going but Kei said she will be good to go after he leaves.

I watched as Keira faithfully accompanied him to his car. I tightly grasped my steering wheel when I saw him kissing her lips. The sight of her in his arms, his lips on hers angers me to the point my blood is boiling. This guy needs to leave the picture. Otherwise my blood pressure will always be sky high. I feel like my mind will explode from watching him prolonging my suffering. Why won't he stop kissing her? Jealousy is seething through me!

Dio! She is mine... she should be mine. I should be kissing her.

She waved him off and watched until his car was gone. I took a few minutes to calm down even after she has gone back inside. Turning my head, I gazed at my sleeping daughter in the back seat of the car. She is sound asleep sucking her thumb. I want the best for her and that will never be Margaux. I am thinking I should leave her in Florence through this divorce. I'm terrified that Margaux will take her and I'll never see her again.

I drove towards her house, parking the car where Jason's car was. Getting out of the car with my daughter in my arms, I walked up the dimly lit driveway towards Keira's house. It is a chilly night. I am tempted to cuddle with Kei in her uneventful bed till morning. It's just a few hours. Will it hurt?

I turned the door knob and the door opened without much of a struggle. Why would she leave the door unlocked at this hour of the night? I set my daughter down on the couch. Kissing her cheek I whispered 'I love you' into her ears. As if she had heard me, she smiled.

I looked through a gallery of framed pictures lining the left side of the staircase. Most are wedding pictures. She looks happy in tbe pictures.

Was she happy to marry him?

Will she smile just as warmly if she were in a wedding gown walking down the aisle to marry me?

My thoughts have wandered way ahead of the point she and I are at. I like to plan ahead and at this point, I already see her as my potential wife. That I have no doubt about. First chance I will get, I will put a ring on her finger and she better say yes.

I know where her bedroom is. I opened the door. There is a packed bag on the bed and laid out clothes. I can hear the sound of water, probably a shower. She must be in the bathroom. I took a few steps to reach the door. When I opened it, a sweet strawberry scent flowed out and lured me into the dimly lit bathroom. I can see her silhouette through the frosted glass of the shower.