Chapter 16: Popping Bubbles

A/n: We have always been walking on eggshells around Nick's and Cole's relationship with each other. I'm thoroughly exploring that. Nick's POV is new.

"...we are free to make choices
but we are not free from the consequences..."

Nick's POV
I am not in the habit of stalking women. Keira seems to be making me into the very man I run away from. I want to tell myself it is not in my nature to be controlling but she is slowly peeling off my layers to reveal the real me and even I am scared of who that man is. I have never stalked a woman before. I have never been in my car at three in the morning outside a woman's house. She has sipped into my veins and she now controls me like a puppet. I can't go without seeing her and it has been weeks since Miami. I am not getting over her.

The strangest thing is that I know she is not at home. It's the same way I know she left with another man. Not Jason. Not me but another man.

I am paying a P.I to keep tabs on her. He informed me that she is in London but he hasn't revealed the man's identity. He claims he hasn't see the man clearly.

Kei hadn't verbally agreed to a relationship. She is playing coy. I'm getting impatient. It's one thing to share her with Jason but this bubble isn't big enough for a third man. It makes this a crowd. I don't play by anyone's rules but my own. My rule is that I don't share. When I got into this, I did so with the intention of removing Jason from the picture. I have to be the only man in the picture.

I have the strongest urge to call her and ask if she's home. I know she's not and I want to catch her in lie! I want her to lie so that I can have an excuse to lash out at her. I'm confrontational. I live for it! I can't pass off an opportunity to start and win a fight. If she lies to me, she will be sorry. 

"What?" I asked Tony when I answered.

"Aren't we in a mood!"

"What do you want Tony?"

"I know you hired my P.I. He just called me. He says you're having Keira followed. Why?"

"She's cheating on me."

"Cheating on you? Mate,do you bloody hear yourself? How can she be cheating on you when she's cheating with you?"

"Jason is irrelevant. That makes the guy she's with now, the other man. She's cheating on me!"

Tony sighed. "You're delusional Nickolas. She is married. Being with you is cheating on her husband, not you. You two don't share a commitment that justifies the use of that word as an offense against you. I suggest -"

I hanged up.

He's getting on my nerves!

He called again. "That was bloody rude!"

"Don't bore me to death with words I don't care for."I told him as soon as I answered.

"My photographer found her. She is in London, in a townhouse. I have received photographs-"

"Why do you have the photographs?"

"Interrupt me again and I'll burn them. You'll never know anything of this." Tony threatened.

"Fine."

"We need to talk about where you're headed Nickolas. It's probably 3am in the morning and you're outside her house losing your bloody marbles."

"Send them to me."

"We need to talk first."

"Send them to me!" I shouted. He hanged up. Whenever I shout at him over the phone he hangs up. I called him back. "I'm sorry. I won't shout. She's my girl. She's mine. She can't be with anyone else! She cannot turn me down for anyone else! Please Tony, I'm losing my shit. Who is she with?"