Game Night

*Onika's pov*

I got to the school a half hour before the game started. I set my bag down on the side lines and sat down on the floor and started to stretch. Rayanne and Gabi got here a bit after I did. "Hey have you seen Melo yet??" Gabi asked.
"No I think the boys are in the locker room, why?" I looked at her, stretching.
"Because everyone is posting this picture of you and Melo," she showed me on her phone. It was of right after Melo and I kissed. "Oh that was nothing," I laughed a bit and shrugged.
"Mhmm sure!" Ray teased.
"Shut up!" I laughed and shook my head. The boys came out of the locker room and jogged over to us. "Lookin good, lookin good," Will nodded.
"Why thank you," Ray laughed. I laughed a bit and stood up.
"You see whats been going around?" I looked at Melo.
"No why?" he chuckled. Gabi stood up and showed him the picture of us.
"Oh that was nothing," he chuckled.
"Y'all are hiding something!" Ray groaned, "I know you are!" We both just laughed it off.
"Alright we have to go practice I'll talk to later," Melo laughed and jogged away with the other boys.

"Good luck On," Melo smiled at me and sat down on the side lines. I smiled and I walked up to the gym floor, along with the other girls on the dance team. The music started and we started to dance.(Video above) I glanced at Melo a few times while dancing and his gaze never left me. It really made me happy to be honest. We ran off the gym floor once we finished and everyone was cheering. I giggled a bit and breathed heavy. Melo stood up and hugged me tight. "You did sooo good On!!" he smiled and held me. I hugged back and giggled a bit. "Thanksss Melo," I breathed heavily and hugged him tight.
"Alright love birds break it up!" Will laughed. I shook my head and pull away.
"I gotta go change anyways, go play now. Do good," I smiled at Melo and ran out to the hallway. I got my cheer uniform from my bag and went and changed back into it. I went out again and was stopped by someone I didn't know. "Oh hey?" I laughed a bit.
"You're the slut that was kissing Melo," she laughed, "Stay away from him."
"We weren't kissing and you cant control Melo so I'm sorry if it hurt you but theres nothing I can do about it," I shrugged and jogged away from her. I went back to the gym and I went to my cheer team. I shook my head. "You'll never believe what just happen," I shook my head, sighing a bit.
"Talk to me after?" Gabi nodded, Ray nodded too. I nodded back and started to cheer again.

"So what happened?" Gabi asked. Her, Ray, Will, Lorenzo, Hansen, me and Melo were all at Chick-Fil-A. "Wait yeah what happened??" Melo looked at me.
"Well when I went and changed I came out of the bathroom and there was this girl there and I didn't know her, I think she was from Pomona maybe, I don't know. But anyways she started off by saying I was slut that was kissing Melo. Then told me to stay away from Melo," I sighed a bit.
"Wow that's fucking stupid!" Ray shook her head, "She's lucky I wasn't there I would've beat her ass."
"That's so stupid who would even say that?" Gabi sighed.
"Crazy fans. Don't worry about it Onika, it was probably just some crazy fan," Melo nodded, shrugging.
"It didn't really hurt my feelings it just shocked me a little bit," I nodded.
"Yeah, understandable," Gabi nodded.

"That's why I don't want to have a relationship. It has nothing to do with you I just don't want fans to be coming up to you and talking to you like that," Melo sighed, looking over at me. He was dropping us all off at home and I was his last stop. "It's fine Melo," I nodded, "I understand. I have a lot to worry about, I don't need boy issues too." I laughed a bit.
"Are you parents home?" he asked.
"Not yet," I shook my head.
"How come they are never home when I drop you off?" he chuckled.
"They work a lot," I nodded and shrugged.
"Do you wanna come stay at my house? So you don't have to stay alone?" he could tell I was a little upset.
"Please," tears started to fill my eyes.
"Go pack," he nodded, wiping a tear that fell down my cheek. I nodded and I sniffled a bit. I got out and I went into the big, empty house. I went to my room and I took my makeup off. I got my bag packed and sighed a little bit. I was trying not to be upset because I don't want Melo to see me upset. I calmed myself down and I came downstairs. I got back into Melo's car and buckled up. "Hey so you know," he smiled at me, "You're always welcome to come to my house if you don't want to be alone okay?"
"Thank you Melo," I smiled at him. He nodded and started to drive.

We got to his house and I followed him inside. "Dad!?" Melo called.
"Kitchen!" I heard his dad call back. I followed Melo into the kitchen and smiled small at his dad. "Oh hey," he smiled at me.
"Hey," I waved a bit.
"Is it okay if Onika stays here tonight? Her parents aren't home and she doesn't want to stay home alone," Melo asked.
"Yeah that's fine," he nodded, "I'll get some extra blankets and stuff." We both nodded and followed him upstairs. I took the blankets and pillows from his dad. "Thank you," I smiled at him.
"No problem," he smiled back and went downstairs. I followed Melo to his room and set everything down.

"I'm gong to go shower you can set up a nest by my bed. I wont be long," he got his clothes ready and walked out. I set up a nest on the floor and changed into something comfier. Melo came back into his room a bit later. He had on a pair of sweatpants and that was it. He went on his bed and yawned a bit. "You tired too?" he smiled at me.
"Really tired," I laughed a bit.
"Alright get some sleep," he smiled at me.
"Goodnight," I laid down on the nest and closed my eyes.
"Goodnight," Melo turned his light off and then the room was silent.

"Are you awake?" I heard Melo whisper a bit later.
"Yeah," I nodded and sat up.
"C'mere?" he smiled at me, opening the blankets for me. I nodded and I crawled up into his bed with him. He covered me up and I scooted up closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I put my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and listened to him breath. I slowly started to drift off to sleep...

 I slowly started to drift off to sleep