Chapter 10: Fallen Angel

From a different perspective, a fallen angel is a person who has been jaded by life but has not let it destroy their inner beauty or compassion. They still believe in mankind and will go above and beyond for friends and family. However, romantic love still eludes them as they have created walls in their heart that are difficult to breach.

I am tired of this place, I hope people change
I need time to replace what I gave away
And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small
Though I try to resist I still want it all

How far have I driven?

My hands already feel numb from gripping tightly on these handle bars.

I don't even care how fast I'm going. I don't know where I'm headed. I just want to get out of that place. That was something I couldn't take. I had my eyes on Yo while he was singing, and his eyes were looking for someone, too. It was a slap on the face.

I had to leave the competition as quickly as I could. I should have anticipated this. I have to let go now, and stop thinking about him. It's about time I think about myself. I've spent most of my all for other people, and now I've got nothing but myself.

What's wrong with wanting to be happy?

What's wrong with wanting to make someone happy?

Stop Forth! You're hurt, and you're driving. Eyes on the road.

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

Perhaps there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe it has always been me.

Falling in love with someone shouldn't be a bargain. Just like how Yo described the meaning of love.

So why did I expect? I should've been contented with just being his 'nice senior'.

Tonight I will just drown myself in alcohol and tears.

I kept driving until I reached a strip of bars. This is where I belong tonight. Maybe I should call a friend? Nah. This is better. This is easier. Besides, nobody might understand me. I have always been quiet about personal matters.

This isn't any different. Giving myself enough time may be of help.

What's funny is I have always been alone and used to it, so why change now? No one cares for me? So what? I can handle this.

I can handle lonesome.

I can manage being broken.

Someday, I'll find someone who can glue the shattered pieces of my broken heart together.

The competition has been over for days now. Maybe weeks. Our paths have rarely crossed. It's not impossible. The only chance and reason for Yo and I to see each other was during the competition period. And at the night of the competition itself, I had given up.

The answers to my questions had a funny way of presenting themselves.

Eventually, I found out that the love they have for each other isn't one to defy. It was huge. It is great. From a simple admiration to an incredible kind of love overcoming the challenges that came their way.

Kismet has a witty way of making two people who belong with each other find their way to one another eventually no matter how long it takes.

And I can't go on a war against fate.