Chapter 5: The First Feat of the Second Moon

"Are you done with practice?" the first thing I ask Ming on the phone.

I am inviting him to go drink with me tonight.

I decided to do so to get to know more about my successor. Also, to ask him about something else. After that dinner we had with Yo, I think I have to make my next move. I still don't know how far this feeling will take me. That's why I need to do something.

But before we get to that, a little chit-chat will be nice.

"P'!" he greets me as he approaches the table.

I asked him to meet me here in a bar nearby. Most of the people who hang out here are students from our college, so I don't think he will feel uncomfortable. This is also the place where my friends and I usually do our drinking sessions.

When we were freshmen, we kind of felt a little afraid to come here because our seniors might see us and think that all we wanted to do was just get drunk.

It was partly true.

Ming looks a little perplexed swinging his head from left to right with an imaginary big question mark on his forehead. This freshman will surely make a lot of girls cry. Maybe boys, too. Or has he already?

He's tall, not light nor dark skinned, he looks like a regular at the gym, with a perfect nose, big eyes and thick brows. Definitely a heart breaker in the making.

"No one else is coming, just the two of us." I tell him to answer his unspoken question.

"I don't bite." I offer him the seat in front of me and tell him to relax a bit.

"So how are you doing with the rehearsals?" I start the conversation about the more obvious reason why I asked him to meet me tonight.

"I'm hanging in there, P', thanks for asking." he replies.

"Don't worry about me, I'm doing my best."

I know he is. I'm not really worried. I feel that he has the edge to win in this competition. Aside from confidence and determination, I see something in him so mysterious I can't make sense of. I don't know why, but he fits the Engineering Moon title perfectly. I'm not backing him up completely just yet. I still need to give him some pointers.

What is it about us male engineering students?

Is it the gear? I'm not sure, but I might've heard somewhere about the gear being the heart of an engineering student. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Is it a thing for us to have something so difficult to explain but comes out as a hidden factor that draws people in? Must be.

But wait!

"How were you chosen to be our college's representative?"

"Uhmmm... P'..." he stutters.

"What? What is it?" I keep asking. He seems to be embarrassed. Now I'm getting more and more interested.

"P', does it matter?" he asks back with that face that I sometimes find annoyingly charming. Maybe this is what got him the spot.

"Just tell me."

"Long story." he's still stalling.

"We have all night." I insist.

MING's POV

Yo and I have been best friends since forever, so I know everything, well, almost everything about him. Including his undying quest to capture the heart of the only person he has ever laid eyes on. I am actually impressed with the effort he made just to be able to see that person again after a long time.