Chapter 9.2: Contemplation

(Beam)

The gates of hell are waiting for me. I think.

Why did I let myself fall for him?

Who in the right mind falls for their best friend?

We spend time together almost every day, but that does not seem to be enough. I still want to be with him more. Of course, the three of us spend a lot of time together be it at school or just hanging out. But it's different with Kit alone.

Sometimes, unaware, I spend minutes just staring at him. Watching him smile. Ugh!!! Those dimples. I mean have you seen the moon's crater on someone's face? I must be losing my mind because this is Kit we're talking about. One of my best friends.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to hell. I guess being a womanizer was just my way to validate my manliness and forget about what my heart really wants.

One day at the library.

We are doing some research, and we've been here for a couple of hours already. In front of us are pile of thick books and laptops. Pha went somewhere else, and I don't know exactly where, but for sure, he's with Yo. He said he'll just catch up.

So here I am with Kit, and we've been doing individual tasks, so there's no talking, just scanning through what seems to be hundreds of pages already.

He's trying so hard to divide his attention between reading books and reading LINE messages. Who is he chatting with? If I have to make a guess, I'll say it's that Engineering turned Campus Moon.

His reactions while reading the messages vary. Once poker-faced then he would giggle then furrow his brows then smile again.

Ever since he started his mission to get inside the mind and heart of that moon, he's been all over him until I noticed that his curiosity has already become suspicious.

I think he's the one who became the mark of someone else's mission. There were moments when I could actually see him stare at that nong then get lost in his own world.

It made me crazy thinking how he was actually getting more and more interested in that freshman in a different way. Especially after it was made very clear that the new campus moon is certainly just a best friend to Yo.

It was like a door of opportunity has opened inviting Kit and that moon to explore the other side of their personalities.

"Crazy!" he whispers while giggling.

"Hey Kit!" I said after putting a book down on the desk.

He looks up at me and gives me a nod.

"How do you think we're going to finish this research if you won't stop chatting with your moon?"

"How do you know he's the one I'm chatting with?" he almost stuttered and I could sense he was a bit jumpy.

"And please stop staying 'my moon'! We're not together! What do you think of me?"

Well, maybe not together... yet.

"Have you met me? Is there anyone else who could make you excited and annoyed at the same time like that besides him?" Need I remind Kit that I have detective-like skills, and that I have eyes everywhere?

He didn't answer but instead, he put the phone down and grabbed another book and started scanning through the pages. I might've offended him or caught him red-handed. Either way, it's getting clearer and clearer now that he's actually beginning to enjoy Ming's character.

How many times have they gone out together? I can only remember the night when his car broke down and after the Campus Moon competition. See? I know stuff. But that's far as I've heard and see. How about those that I don't know of? If there's any.