A Strange Feeling

The rest of the day went by fast. I couldn't get him out of my mind. The way he talked, the way he spoke the feeling I got just by him touching me... No. No matter what I thought, I could never think or feel that way. I mean, I can look at him. What would that hurt?

I decided to go to bed early. I wasn't tired or anything, I just like to lay in my bed and think, waiting for my eyes to close and go into my fantasies.

When I woke up the next morning, I was still running late. No matter how much I slept, I was always running late. I put on the usual, shoved a donut it my mouth, and ran out the door.

When I got to school, I pulled in my usual parking space. I got out of the car and started walking through the parking lot, until I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

"Hey Jensen." Brent said.

Brent Jackson. The sports star of the school. He was the captain of the football team, the baseball team, and the basketball team. I was confused on why he was talking to me. He was known for macking on girls who had everything, not girls like me. He was rich, very good-looking, and "out of my league" as people say.

"Um, hey Brent." I said moving my hair out of my face.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I guess I'm doing fine. And you?"

"Pretty good. I just came over to see... Well I was just wondering if.. You wanted to go out tomorrow?"

My heart practically plummeted. Brent Jackson? Asking me out? This was definitely a one time thing.

"Um, yeah, sure. Just give me a time and a place, and I'll be there." I said, my cheeks turning red.

He smiled, handed me a piece of paper, and walked away. The paper actually gave a time and a place. I thought it was just a prank. I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out of the bushes.

I was in a good mood the rest of the day. 1st and 2nd block both went by fast. But not 3rd. 3rd went as slow as ever. It seemed like everything moved in slow motion. We played soccer, probably my favorite sport. I decided it would be best if I played the goalkeeper, considering all the guys on the field would push me down just so they could have the ball.

I stood in front of the net, while a tall boy started sprinting down the field. I guessed that he broke away from the mad pack of boys, and was making a break for it.

A break right towards me.

I froze, trying to think of what to do. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Coach Barnes watching me as the boy got closer and closer to where I was standing. For some odd reason, I had the feeling that I needed to impress him. I don't know what for, I just had that feeling.

So I bent my knees, stuck my hands out, ready to dive if needed. The large boy made a swift shot right outside the 18 line, and the ball went soaring through the air. It made a slight curve to the left, and I immediately dived and caught the ball in between my hands and landed hard on the ground. Most of the guys started cheering, mostly because the other team didn't earn another point, even though we were way behind. To no surprise, all of the girls were looking in Coach Barnes' direction.

But he had his eyes on me.

He had his arms folded in a particular stance, then he nodded in satisfaction and blew the whistle calling the game. My team lost.

But not me. I just won.