Chapter 14: Let The Hunt Begin

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first knife holster," Sharon Carter says.

"Very practical," Steve teases, a small smile playing on his lips. I walk a few feet behind them with Sam. "And stylish," She says, not letting Steve tease her.

"CIA has you stationed over here now?" Steve asks her. "In Berlin, joint terrorist and task force," She corrects. "Right. Sounds fun," Steve says sarcastically. "I know, right?" She replies sarcastically. "I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on me from across the hall..." "You mean when I was doing my job?" She interupts. "Did Peggy know?" He asks.

She sighs and stops walking. "She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you," She looks around and realizes we're at the elevator. "Thanks for walking me back," She says. "Sure," Is his reply.

"Steve, Liz, there's something you got to see," Sam says. We look at him and we take off up the stairs, the elevator being a bit too slow for us. We get to Sharon's room and she unlocks the door and flips on the television.

"A bomb hidden in a news van blasts through the UN building in Vienna," A reporter says. "Who's coordinating?" Sharon asks, on the phone with someone already.

"More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead. Including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of the suspects, identified as James Buchanan Barnes and Elizabeth Rogers, the Winter soldier and The Assassain. The infamous HYDRA agents are linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations," The reporter tells us.

At the mention of Bucky, Steve and I visibly tense up. "Me?! I've been with you three the entire day! When did I have time to go blow the UN building up?" I yell at the television. "I have to go to work," Sharon tells us, completely ignoring my telling. "I'll tell my boss you couldn't have done it. You have at least three solid alibis," She tells me.

|||||||||||||

"Yeah?" Nat asks. "Nat? Oh my God! Are you alright?" I ask, worry in my voice. "Ah, yeah, thanks. I got lucky," I breathe out a sigh of relief."I know how much Barnes mean to you. I really do. Stay at home. You'll only make this worse for all of us. Please," She pleads. "Liz, I know it wasn't you, but please turn yourself in. I don't wanna be the one to have to arrest you," She begs me.

"Not happening, Nat. Sorry," I tell her. "Are you saying you'll arrest us?" Steve asks, ignoring mine and Nat's convorsation. "No. Someone will, if you interfere. That's how it works now," She explains.

"If he's this far gone, then we should be the one's to bring him in," Steve tells her. "Why?" She questions. "Because we're the one's least likly to die trying," Steve says, before hanging up. I glance through the wood we're hiding behind and see her curse to herself.

We walk to a café where Sam is waiting for us. The woman behind the counter hands me a tea and Steve a coffee. I sip it slowly while Sam talks. "She tell you to stay out of it?" He glances at us but we don't reply. "Might have a point," He tells us.

"He'd do it for us," I tell Sam. "1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options. The people that shoot at you, usually wind up shooting at me," Sam states. He continues eating his-his-his whatever he's eating.

Sharon walks up next to me holding a folder. "Tips have been pouring in since the footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter Soldier and The Assassain go to their gym. Most of it's noise, except for this. My boss expects a briefing pretty much now, so, that's all the answers you're going to get," She tells us.