Chapter 12: Disasters And Weddings

-Last Chapter-
"We should get married." I say as I lift Rose and bounce and hum. She falls asleep and I lay her down. "So she doesn't have to bounce from me to you. Ya know, to make it easier." I say. I don't get a reply so I assume he's asleep. I turn and guess what? Guess the frickel-frack what!? He's on one knee.
-Now-

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"Wha-Wai-But... Huh?" I'm stuttering. Damn you Barnes.

"When Steve told me he had a little sister, I thought you would be nothing but a pest. I thought you would want us to play dress up and give us makeovers. But when you came running out your front door at 5 years old and begged us to play army with you, I knew you would be the best sister.

"When you learned you had powers that first year we had a bad storm, I was scared. I thought you would become some murderer." He says. I'm pausing this moment with him real quick. PAUSE!

You might be confused by what he just said. 'When I learned I had powers.' You're probably saying, I thought HYDRA gave you your powers. They did. But not all of them. Before HYDRA, I had lightening and elemental powers. HYDRA learned this and took me. They gave me the powers I have now. Ok. Now that you're all caught up, PLAY!

"But you used your powers for good. And I knew you were awesome. When I escaped, and my memories started to come back, the first thing I remembered was you. How much I loved you.

"We've been through everything together. And I mean everything. And that's why, I'm where I'm at. I want to spend my life with you. I want to be able to call you mine. I want us to be a family. Raise children, sit at the table and have meals together. I want to do everything, but I don't wanna do it if you aren't with me. So, I'm asking you, will you marry me?" He finishes.

I stand there, crying. I can't find my voice. Part of me thinks that if I say something, I'll wake up and this will all be a dream. We stare at each other. He looks so worried.

I can't find words so I nod. I nod my head so fast I'm surprised I don't have whiplash. He places the ring on my finger and hugs me, spinning around. He kisses me, and it felt like the best kiss in the world. Until, yup. We got interrupted. Not by Rose either.

Knock Knock

"Eli! Eli, I know you're in there! Open this door." Steve yells, pounding on the door. "Hide! Wait, it's Steve." I whisper to Bucky, then I remember who it is. I stand on my toes and look through the peep hole.

I open the door a little and he pushes it open all the way, making me fly into a wall. "Eli!" Bucky yells running over and checking my head. He helps me stand and then I realize Steve holding Rose.

He doesn't even look like he cares that he just flung me into a wall. Steve goes to walk out, right as Sam and Dean walk in. They pull out a silver knife and throw it at him. "No!" I scream as I move the knife a little to the left.

"Eli, that's not your brother. Your brother is-" "Behind you." Steve says. Sam takes his silver knife and touches it to Steve's face. Sam throws his knife at the other Steve and I stop it mid air.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask. "That Steve," Dean says pointing at the Steve holding the baby. "is a shape shifter." He says. "Are you sure though?" I ask. Sam and Dean look at each other and then back at me. I grab the knife levitating and walk over to Steve holding the baby. "I'm not the shape shifter." He says. "Then, you won't mind?" I ask. He shrugs and I barley touch him with it and his skin starts burning.

He flings me across the room and changes. To me. All I know is that when I look over, it's right next to me. Sam and Dean don't have their knives so that sucks. Everyone looks super confused. I stand up and walk towards them. "Stay back. At least until we figure out who's who." Dean tells me.