Chapter 9: New Year, New Problem

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"CHEATER! HE CHEATED!" I scream, pointing at Tony. "TONY CHEATED!" I scream at them again. You may be wondering what Tony cheated at. Well, we all had decided that we should go paintballing. We got there and didn't have to pay because, as you can imaging, Tony built and owned the place. Jarvis was running everything and then Tony told Jarvis to tell him where I was and then where Bucky was. We are highly trained assassins so we knew he did this. Jarvis showed him where we were and Tony got us out. "I DID NOT! You're just jealous that I beat you." He tells me. Bucky doesn't even care. HE CHEATED! I resist the urge to slap him and I think Bucky senses it. Playing paintball reminded me of when we were in the war.

F  L  A  S  H  B  A  C  K

We were walking through the forest, Steve making me be behind everyone. I hear a small noise behind me, barely audible for even Steve, and I whip around and shoot. I get him right in the head. I've always been great at shooting without looking. I was trained that way. They all whip around, guns pointed. They lower their weapons when they see me standing above they guy. "What?! He snuck up behind me and he looked at me wrong. You're lucky I'm not shooting him still." I say to them. They laugh and turn back to the mission.

We hear the trucks coming and I start getting ready. "What do you think you're doing?" Steve asks me. "Preparing to go." I say with a smile. "You stay here with Dum Dum. Are you ok with that?" He asks Dugan. Dum Dum and I are besties. He nods and smiles. "We are gonna come up with so many jokes that no one has thought of!" He laughs. I laugh with him until Steve says, "Stay focused. We are on a mission." "Ok, Captain Buzz Kill." I say to him. They leave and Dugan and I start to make our jokes while keeping guard. We see a hell of a lot of trucks heading their way.

We jump into the last truck and knock everyone out and throw them out of the truck. We sit there, both stone-faced. We get there and I jump out. I run in and automatically get trapped. Dugan runs in and shoots them all down. I nod my thanks to him and continue. We come to a hallway that splits into two. "You go that way, I'll go this way." I whisper to him, pointing what way he goes. "I can't leave you. Your brother put me in charge of keeping you safe." He whisper-yells at me. "Relax, I'll be fine." I tell him. He stares at me for a few moments, then nods. He heads off his way and I head off in mine.

I see Steve and run up next to him. "What are you doing here?! Where's Dugan?!" He asks in a whisper-yell. "There's trucks out front. Big ones. Filled with maybe, 100 agents each. There's 15-20 trucks. We gotta get out." I reply, ignoring his questions. I hear Dugan walk up behind us. "She's right. If we want out alive, we have to go now." He backs me up. "Lets go!" Steve tells everyone. We run out and I'm leading.

As soon as we step foot out the door, people start shooting at us. We manage to take cover and no one gets shot. I'm kinda out in the open though. I lean out and, thankfully, the person I shoot shoots me with a normal gun. It doesn't hurt that bad but I still curse under my breath. We all get out alive and head back to camp.

F L A S H B A C K O V E R

"Hey, Female Rogers? You good?" Tony asks me. "Yeah. I'm great." I tell him. We arrive at the base-thing and Fury meets us outside. Huh. I thought he was on helicarrier's all the time. "No. I'm not always on the helicarrier, Miss Rogers." How the hell did he- I said it out loud. "Avengers, and assassians, mission. Not a big one. Just a kidnapping." He tells us. "Who and where?" I ask.

 "Who and where?" I ask