Killer Betrayals chapter 24 (pic of Reece)

^^^^Dedicated to TheFiringLine because she's an amazing person who I love to death and is also extremely talented! You guys should check out her story called "The Obsession" that she just started, it's incredible! :D

Anna's POV

The last few days seemed to be dragging by steadily at the pace of a handicapped snail. To say Reece had been distant was an epic understatement.

He had been spending hours on end going over Eva's case, which I appreciated and disdained at the same time. Maybe I had become selfish where he was concerned.

It seemed I wasn't happy unless I had his attention to myself, and anytime I could even get him to even glance my way was a major triumph for me lately. It was really quite sad.

I was really quite sad...

The nightmares had returned, but I hid them from him. He had taken to sleeping on the couch and I wasn't about to beg him to share my bed and take away my nightmares when he clearly didn't want to. I would not force my presence on him when he obviously didn't want me.

So I moped.

It wasn't something I was accustomed to doing, but I found it somewhat satisfying in a twisted sort of way. And I had actually become quite good at it, in fact I damn near excelled at it.

Such a proud time for me...

Flipping through the channels on the television I couldn't concentrate on anything. Nothing was holding my attention as it was all solely focused on a certain black haired, blue eyed man in the kitchen sitting at the table in a chair that probably had his fine ass etched into it at this point.

Maybe I could test that theory later by making a cast of the seat of the chair and comparing it with the contours of his ass while he slept...because that's not creepy.

Deciding I couldn't stand my own thoughts anymore I decided to call Debbie. Pulling out my cellphone I dialed her number and listened as it went to voicemail. Sighing in defeat I hung up and leaned my head back against the back of the couch.

Maybe a nap would help. My sleep pattern wasn't even a pattern at this point. It was tiny intervals of randomly sleeping, alternating with randomly screaming as the nightmares invaded my slumber.

They were getting worse lately and Eva's presence in them was becoming increasingly potent and harder to ignore.

I shuddered as I recalled the dream from the night before when she had reenacted her murder on me. From the point where she was held immobile from behind, to the fear and helplessness that invaded her and paralyzed her in sheer terror, to the slash across her throat that ended her existence.

I could now say for certain that if that dream was even remotely accurate, she hadn't felt anything past that point which was oddly comforting.

Feeling exhaustion kick in and drag me under I struggled a bit to stay awake, but was too weakened to put up much of a fight and was soon hauled under to oblivion.

"Anna...," Eva's voice rasped causing me to shiver involuntarily. "Open your eyes Anna; I need to show you something!" I could hear the excitement tingeing her tone and wanted nothing more than to keep my eyes closed and stay in a state of complete ignorance for the rest of my life.

Sadly for me that wasn't an option. I knew just how persistent she could be and didn't want to push her too far.

I could still remember the feel of her nails slashing across the flesh of my chest, raking over it causing the blood to pour down streaming and pooling in all its crimson glory as I cried out in agony only to be disregarded, overlooked as someone unworthy of sympathy.