;열다섯

november 10; lunchtime

students were rushing out of the classroom to the cafeteria in which i assumed today's lunch was a good menu. but i didn't join in with the crowd in rushing to the cafe. i wanted to be different so i stayed in my seat, not getting up at all.

the class started to empty out, leaving me in the same position where i was this morning. i went over my notes taken during class, which seemed to consist more of doodles and small writing than notes related to the lecture.

my mind felt occupied on things other than school and i didn't know why or how. my mood just felt on and off. it was probably that time of the month. it's okay, i can get through a week of it.

losing interest in my studies, i get up from my seat and walk over to the window, overlooking the field right outside. all around, students were hanging out, playing soccer or just simply eating lunch. today was the most peaceful day i've had in a long while. but i have to be real honest, i miss being occupied with friends and classmates. i felt alone.

a student had just walked onto campus, grabbing the attention of the people below. from afar, i could tell who this person was, the one person i've been feeling lonely without. not giving it a second thought, i ran out the classroom, wanting to greet the person that had made a grand entrance at a weird time.

i had reached the front of the school, desperately wanting to talk to him. he didn't find me yet, so i continued running, proceeding to jump on his back as a surprise.

"yaaaa park jihoon!! do you know how much i missed you?!?"

i must have been a bit too loud because i caught a few stares. i didn't care though, my best friend was here and that made me the happiest person in the world. screw everyone else.

"oh jiyoon, calm down pLeaSe."
"but i missed yooooooou."
"okay okay, i get it. just get off me."
"nO."
"what"
"what"

i wrapped my arms around his neck, not wanting to get off of his back.

"where's my backpack??"
"i'm wearing it so i can have a piggyback ride. let's gOoOoOo."
"ugh fine."

after a long moment of arguing, he grabbed my legs, keeping them secure so i don't fall off. jihoon didn't seem to be struggling so everything was all good. i don't remember the last time we ever had a moment like this, but the fact that it's happening right now, just makes me smile.

we entered the school, lunch still going on so students were not in class yet. it gave time for us to make it to class without anyone suspecting anything else going on between us.

the class was just as how it was when i left, my notebook and pencil case were lying on my desk, just like how i last left them. jihoon went to go sit down next to me, not saying a word. it started to get a bit awkward but i didn't know what to do. i don't think he wanted to talk and for me, i didn't really have much to say. i left him to do his own thing as i did my own.

afterschool;

the teacher later dismissed us, which was 5 minutes after the bell rang. grunts and complaints were heard as students left the classroom, but the teacher ignored it. i collected a few books from my locker, placing them into my bag then finally, close it as i plan out the rest of my day.

i should've known, that if i made plans, jihoon had to be somewhere in it. i had totally forgot about that, now that he was gone from school for so long. i was comfortably walking down the hall, wanting to reach the bus stop before my bus came, but all that came to an end when jihoon had somehow appeared in front of me.

"where ya going?"
"home."
"that's obviously a lie. where are you going?"
"i don't know."
"let me go with you."
"no, jihoon, i wanna-"
"nope. i'm going with you and that's official."

he grabbed my hand and i started to walk again, trying to keep up with his pace. i guess i was just to follow him in wherever he went now. school emptied out fast so it was easier to leave school without people having to bump into you for walking to slow or you bumping into people for walking too fast. either way, it worked out.

shortly arriving at the bus stop, i realized we just missed a bus. i checked my watch and it read "3:09 pm." that would've been my bus to go home. oh well, today better be worth it. jihoon never really said where we were going or even gave me any hints. i'll just hope it's somewhere that he won't regret taking me to.

after waiting for a few minutes, a bus came and we both boarded it. i called window seat and sat in one right away. school started to disappear as the bus moved along on its route, taking me to a place i had no clue about.

although the bus was moving very fast, i swear i had seen a figure standing at the entrance, looking at me, as i went right by him, distancing myself further and further from him every second.