Epilogue - Mrs. Filomino

Every mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.

--- Pearl S. Buck

Yes, since the beginning of time man had been known to make the worst kinds of mistakes.

Katalina made many. But fortunately for her, it was not too late to remedy the greatest one that shaped her life.

It seemed like even the youngest ones in Sweet Homes were trying to make up for their mistakes. That night Alexandra made her triplets face the wall without talking to each other. She knew this was a tough punishment for the boys found it hard to stay still for a second.

While looking at them she asked herself if she made a mistake somewhere along the way that they turned out to be mini-troublemakers on wheels. She wondered if her husband was telling her the truth when he said he was not disappointed in her as a wife and a mother to their children.

Si Shelley naman nang gabing iyon ay hindi mapakali. She knew she did something terrible, sleeping with Marcus again. For they were already broken up. And he hated her guts.

Armado did something terrible and he knew couldn't do anything to bring back Gracia Lopez to life. But in a way he was relieved for he believed my secret was safe for now.

And Isabella, my daughter, was paying for a mistake I made. She met with a private investigator to find the people she had been looking for for years. The private investigator she found was no other than the man my husband first hired to have Lulu and Katalina killed. She had absolutely no idea Armado was behind all that.

"Did you find them?" Isabella asked the man.

"Hindi pa bigyan mo pa ako ng panahon. Mahirap ang pinagagawa mo."

"But can you find them?"

"Sigurado ako."

"Good."

She went out the office feeling a whole lot better, thinking soon she was going to feel more normal. Or as normal as could be for someone like her. She remembered that time in her life some years ago when she met a man who made her feel happy.

She wondered if it was a mistake to drive him away. She wondered if it was a mistake that she did not bother to tell him her real name. She drove home.

Driving Dark Chocolate Street, she noticed a police car in front of Gracia Lopez's house. She knew her for she was the only one who insisted in seeing her all the time even if she later on refused to open her door.

Yes, Gracia Lopez's body was found. And the police was investigating the crime. Sa kauna-unahang pagkakataon sa Sweet Homes, isang krimen ang natuklasan ng mga pulis.

Everyone was surprised finding out the woman they all silently hated was murdered. Everyone had their own suspects in mind... But no one suspected Armado. No one but Shelley, that is.

She didn't know where the gut feeling came from, she just felt it the moment she looked at my husband talking to the policemen.

She suddenly became doubtful about her decision to leave my case be. There was something amiss with all that was happening. She just knew it in her heart.

🎉 Tapos mo nang basahin ang DARK CHOCOLATE SERIES 3 - LUSCIOUS SINS, LOVE AFLAME 🎉