pilot

pew pew pew.

gunshots go off, sounding throughout my room. echoing.

the video game constantly distracts me and keeps me from doing all else.

why me? why was i so talened at procrastination and not so talented with the female race?

that didn't quite matter, actually. it didn't quite matter whether i could get women or not. i had no control over who i was born to love.

i can't pick my soulmate, my true lover. it's how it's always been. you're colorblind- only seeing in black and white when you're born. when you enter your teenage years, sometimes later or earlier, but rather just on time, you meet the love of you life.

it basically changes everything.

it's all mumbo jumbo to me, and confusing to others. i prefer to stay inside instead of searching for "the one" like my friends did. noah found this girl named katie, and they're attached at the hip like every newborn discovery. millie found a man named jake, dirty blonde with blue eyes. caleb with sadie, and gaten with a girl named grace, dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes but had perfect skin and the perfect body.

they all began on their searches as soon as they were taught this occurrence. i'm always the odd one out, for i did not care much about this concept. i didn't really give it second thoughts.

i'm partially regretting that now. one, i am lonely and have nothing to do or think about(besides the idea of the girl of my future). two, it's harder as you grow older because everyone is more aware and will be out. you have to make eye contact- you can't just spot them from afar walking.

i'm 18. 18 years old and my four closest friends already found "the one." the average age for your finding can range from 13-15. it starts early on, for they want people to marry as soon as possible. what a drag.

it's like you know this person is the one you're marrying the second you lay eyes on them. for other areas in the world where this does not occur, they don't know they're getting married until later in a relationship. it's unknown. you could marry someone you meet at the age of 12, or the age of 32.

however, that's not how it works here. you won't find happiness or feel love unless you marry the one that brought color into your dull and (quite literally) colorless life.

the person who brings color is the only true love you'll experience. no other marriage can change that, no other person can interfere. you'll always love them, and you won't get some backup choice or second marriage that will bring you the same colors.

you'll love them even after their death, when your world will remain black and white.