blue is for beach

is anyone reading this anymore lolol

it was a tuesday when millie suggested our group headed to the beach.

personally, a burning hot sun, cold water that tastes nasty, and annoying sand didn't sound like a great, fun-filled day to me. however, sadie, caleb, gaten, noah, and millie crammed into a van, all ecstatic as ever.

they sang along to many songs on the way there, none of them noticing my demoralized attitude.

once we arrived, millie pulled me aside, saying for the rest of the bunch to just head down and we'll grab the rest of the stuff later.

"finn, c'mon. what's up? i didn't wanna ask in the car, because yanno, or whatever. but seriously, what's up?" before i could answer, she added on, "don't even think about lying to me."

"i guess i'm just upset. everyone's getting to see pretty things everywhere. i only see four colours on an album cover and you all see true beauty. i just want him to meet me. he avoids me so so so much..."

"he's probably living in fear. he probably is shocked you're, yanno, a male. it's probably confusing. but you two are soulmates. he'll come around. you've seen each other for four days in a row, and this is chicago we were taking about. it's fate," she claimed, clasping her hands together. once i failed to respond, she shot me a toothy smile.

c'mon, let's head down to the beach," millie said. she offered me a hand as we held onto chairs and headed down.

💙🌊💙

i was in the water, boogie boarding, and before i knew it i was having a good time. gaten and i had made it all the way up to the sand, when i ran into to legs.

those legs belonged to a certain boy with sunglasses on, staring up at the sky.

his voice drifted to the girl besides him, who looked a little like sadie. she held a grin, turning her head to jack, which also rested on the sand.

"hey," she said to me, sitting up on her propped up elbows.

i watched jack jerk his head up and stare into my eyes. i could feel the sand being molded around his foot as he dashed upwards and ran off. "i... just wanted to say hello..." i muttered.

"are you...?" the ginger girl gasped. "his soulmate? the one he mentioned?"

"possibly..? and you are...?" i questioned.

"his friend, sophia. he's been learning about colours ever since he told me he saw you from afar at his work."

"why has he been running?"

"he's scared. terrified. he just ran back to our friend group. jack told me he thought he saw you here, so he wanted to people watch. he didn't know he'd run into you. wanna exchange numbers? maybe you can meet him soon," sophia offered.

"that does explain a lot.. and that would be fabulous! thank you so much. my phone is just right up the beach. i wouldn't want to today, of course. he's probably really tense. maybe we'll figure out what he'll be comfy with," i gathered.

so together, sophia and i walked up the sand, with gaten clapping behind us. i smiled at my feet molding the sand, for i was not crestfallen anymore.

i saw lots of hope, and lots of blue.