Chapter Two

"No! Not Fred!"

I was finally finishing up the first season of Riverdale, just to see that a mysterious intruder killed Fred Andrews, Archie Andrews' father.

"I wonder who the hell killed him," I said, talking to no one in particular. "I must find out."

"Dinah Jane Hansen!" Clara burst open the door as if she were the swat team, startling me. "Why are you still in bed?"

I gave her a confused look. "Um...because it's Tuesday in June and I have nothing else to do."

"Don't you smart mouth me, young lady." She crossed her arms and pointed over to my clock. "It's seven thirty! You're going to be late for work!"

"Oh, shit!" I hopped out of bed and sprinted toward the bathroom.

"Watch your mouth!" Clara called behind me.

I gave myself the quickest, most thorough shower ever and darted back toward my room. I threw on some clothes, brushing my hair and tying it into a ponytail rapidly. I slipped on some sandals and hurried down the stairs.

"See you later!" I called to my family, only getting a response from Clara. I then rushed out the door.

I had to take the bus downtown, since Mike had already gone to work and couldn't drive me. The ride was nice and quiet, being that the only passengers there were me and an elderly man that had fallen asleep.

I arrived at my stop after fifteen minutes or so, stepping off the bus and running inside.

"Hello. Miss Hansen, right?" The middle-aged man that gave me my lanyard yesterday spoke to me, handing me the sign in sheet.

"Yeah, that's me." I replied, signing in. Luckily, I was late by only a few minutes. After I was done, I set the pen down and slid it back to him. "Have a nice day."

"You too," he smiles.

I head toward the elevator and press the number three after the doors open. It was something I knew I'd have to get used to.

The doors opened again after I was at the top, and I walked toward my section.

I was just about to come through the door when I heard voices.

"She didn't mean to do it," One voice said. It sounded feminine. "It was a complete mistake."

"Well, she better not make that mistake again." The other voice, more masculine, fired back. "It would've saved you half of your makeup covering up that bruise on your head."

It was the mystery girl. But I wonder who that other person was?

"It's fine, Khalid," Mystery girl replied. I heard heels clack closer to me and I hid behind the wall quickly. "No big deal."

"Okay," Khalid replied. "If you're fine, I'm fine."

They went quiet after that, and I let out a breath, sitting on the floor until they came out.

"Dinah, hi!"

I looked up and Cheryl was stepping off the elevator, coming toward me with a pep in her step.

I put my finger up to my lips as a hint for her to shut up, but she didn't even acknowledge it.

"What are you doing here sitting on the floor, girlie?" She stood over me with her hands on her hips. "The door's open!"

I glanced around the wall to see if they would come out, but they didn't. "Someone's busy in there," I whispered to her, trying even harder to hint that she should be quiet. "I don't want to be a bother."