3. Reality

"Babe what are you doing?!" I laughed.
I walked into our living room to see Dak holding a giggling Isabella upside down by her leg.

"She hid the remote and wouldn't tell me where it was" he defended himself. At that moment Marisol and Zeke walked in.

"I'm not even going to ask, put my daughter down." Marisol instructed.

"How'd it goooo?" I asked bouncing up and down.
Marisol rubbed her swollen belly as she replied. "Baby Elliot is healthy and we have the gender."

Zeke passed me the envelope and I started to open it but was stopped by my best friend.

"Not in front of me I don't want to know yet!" She screeched, "I was hoping my best friend would throw me a gender reveal party." She asked with hands in a prayer position.

"So on top of planning my wedding I have to host a gender reveal party." I said contemplating what I was about to get myself into.

I looked at her as she gave me puppy dog eyes.
"Fineee," I said reluctantly. Ive become horrible at keeping secrets so let's hope this is a success.

*Later that night*

"Just tell me." Dak whined as we got into bed.

"No, I know how you are." I said. He was worse at keeping secrets and he's been drilling me to find out the gender.

"Fine." He huffed as he pulled the covers over him and laid down with his back facing me and his arms crossed.

"Don't be mad." I said before kissing the Bible scripture inked on his back. He looked over his shoulder at me before facing forward again.

I grazed my nails up and down his back before he spoke again. "Babe stop you know what that does to me."

"Why do think I'm doing it." I laughed.

He turned to face me as he grabbed my wrist.
"I can't stand you sometimes I swear." He laughed before he kissed me.

Later on after he fell asleep I got up and  walked into my closet to make sure the envelope was still in it's hiding spot. This is probably the fifth time I've checked since I received it.

When I found it I opened it up and smiled my best friend was having a....

[Cliffhanger- I'm so glad I decided to do this sequel. I love these characters so much]

Our Life On Social Media // IILWAQ Sequel जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें