Chapter Six: Finnick POV

I'm not quite sure when I became aware of the fact that my father had been watching us, but it was I know it was long enough for me to get about a hard as a rock, and to have Cameron pinned beneath me. Sometimes I think the rational side of my thinking clocks out when I get ahold of him, with good reason, of course.

My father huffs cigar smoke into the room and the sharp smell finally yanks me into reality.

I freeze, along with Cameron, who's eyes are wide with shock and fear.

I even my breathing, unable to look up at my father. I crawl off Cameron and look to the doorway where I see my father, just quick enough for the cigar to fall to the floor out of his hands. I jump forward, trying to stop it from catching the carpet and burning it, but as I reach it a foot firmly plants itself square into the middle of my chest, sending my backwards.

Landing on my tailbone I let out a small yelp of pain, and look at my father.

Hatred would probably be an understatement if you we're to describe the emotion from his eyes.

"My son. You are no longer my son!" He wails at me kicking the hot cigar at me, it grazes my bare foot and singes my heel. I move back again holding my heel in stinging pain.

"Dad, Please just listen to-" I start,

"Don't you fucking call me that, you waste of air!" He advances towards me but is cut short when my mother grabs him by the back of his shirt and moves him into the hallway.

"Are you fucking kidding me Phineas?" She screams at my father, "What the hell are you doing to our son?"

"Look in there!" He says through gritted teeth.

Face painted with confusion, she looks in the doorway at me on the floor and to Cameron on the bed. "What is the good lord's name is going on here?"

I stand up and she walks over to me, taking my face in one hand looking me up and down,

"He's not high." She says to her husband, "Not drunk or anything else like-"

Her eyes stop on my swollen lips and she looks over to Cameron and back to me.

"Finnick, tell me what I'm seeing is wrong." She says slowly, mist forming in her eyes.

"Mom..." I say quietly, my own eyes tearing up. My father is huffing at the door, but retreats into his office slamming the door loudly. I look down into my mother's eyes, and she is staring at my lips.

"Mom please just-"

"Did I do something wrong..." She says quietly, more to herself then anything.

"No mom, you didn't."

"Then why are you doing this?" She asks.

"It's just who I am, it's how I was made."

"No, my god didn't make no homosexual. Did someone do this to you?" She looks over to Cameron, "And you caught it too?"

"No mom, you can't catch it, you're born this way."

"No, Finnick, enough of that shit talk. You weren't born a fucking-"

"Mom! Enough! Can't you just accept who I am?"

"Not like this. Not a faggot."

"God damn it mom!" I yell at her, she winces and backs up. "You can't tell me that, I've never known anything different. You're my mother for christ's sake! You're supposed to love me!"