Chapter Three: Cameron POV

Holy shit, Finnick James Black, the star of all my fantasies, is kissing me. 

His lips are soft and gentle, just like I've always imagined, but as soon as I start to enjoy it, Finnick pulls away. 

My mind is reeling from the kiss, what in the blue hell just happened? 

My "straight" best friend just tried to eat my face, which I'm not complaining about by the way. 

Does this mean he's gay? Does it mean he loves me? Just like I love him? 

So many questions I needed to ask and I open my eyes, to an empty couch.  

Did I imagine this? Tell me this wasn't a daydream. 

The backdoor slams shut, which snaps me into reality forcefully. 

Is he pissed off? I didn't do a damn thing... He kissed me, and again, no complaints here. 

Oh hot damn, I'm flustered. I'd like to ignore the raging erection in my pants, but I'm being scratched to death by my zipper. 

I guess I should track him down, not wallow in self pity. He probably does that. I'd pin him to be the secretly brooding type, I wish it weren't a secret though. Brooding is sexy as hell on the right person. Like Edward Cullen... Oh Mr. Tale Pale and Sparkly... Where's Finny?  

Oh that's right.  

I stand up heading for the back door when I hear the front door bound open and the familiar soprano voice fills the house, "Cam! Cam! Where are you Cam!" 

Hillary runs towards me and gives me the same big hug she gives me every day when she returns from special education. Hillary is my twin sister, but unlike me she was born with Down Syndrome. She's one of the biggest parts of my life and I love her to death. 

"God Hilly, you've got me in a death grip!" It's true; she has the biceps of a man.  

"Sorry Cammie! Guess what I did today?"  

This was going to be a long one. She literally told me every single detail from when she gets to her cubby to when she gets on her purple rain boots after school every day for the past ten years. 

"First I colored a cat, than I colored it again because the dumb Mrs. Judy said cats can't be purple. What does she know, she's old." 

This one takes after my own heart. Which makes this next task that much harder. 

"Hilly, you know I like your stories, right?" 

"Well duh." 

I smirk, what a sassy little twin I have.  

"Can you tell me what time it is Hilly?"  

She looks at the clock and notices the time, quickly covering her eyes. 

"I don't know." She says flatly. 

"I think you do Hilly." 

"I don't know I swear! I just pretended to look!" 

Slowly but surely her bottom lip comes out, which is the beacon of tears to come. 

"Hillary Jane, don't lie to me. It's not nice." 

"It's three o'clock, happy Mr. Bossy Boots?" 

"I am. Do you know what happens at three o'clock?"  

She looks away from me, and a tear slides down her cheek, "N-No."  

"Hillary!" 

"N-nap time." She finally spits at me. "But I'm n-not tired!"