"Hello, class. What are we learning today?" He asks, flustered.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week." Dana supplies for him as I groan at the mention of the dance, Elena wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Right. The sixties " He says, his eyes lingering on me and then on Elena.

He writes on the board. " he sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but...Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate "

"Watergate was the seventies, Ric. I-I mean, Mr Saltzman" Elena says.

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena. "

In sudden realisation, I throw my hand into the air," I know something good about the 60's" I say, enthusiastically, I hear both Elena and Stefan sigh.

"Yes, Evie?" Ric asks, with a weird face.

"God blessed us all with Johnny Depp." His look hardens before he forces a smile upon his features."Yes, sure" He says.

______________________________________________________

" Sorry I'm late." Alaric says, hurrying in through the door,

"Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move." Damon says, casually.

"Evie, you get the pleasure of being my date." He says.

"What?" I say. "I told you I'm not going, I don't have time to play dress up and dance around drinking spiked punch." He sighs.

"Well, you're not staying here because you'll probably try to awaken Elijah again." For some reason, this catches Alaric's attention.

"Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena asks as I begin to sulk.

"Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him " Bonnie says.

"That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around."Alaric says.

"Huh" I say, "I guess he has an ego as big as Damon's" Alaric smirks at me while everyone else looks at me disapprovingly.

"Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he.."

Damon rushes at Bonnie but she throws him on the other side of the room with her powers, without touching him.

"Well, I was impressed," Stefan says.

"I wasn't" I add on, "That was extremely predictable, magic me up a golf buggy and then I'll be impressed".

"It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can"Bonnie says.

___________________________________________________

"You guys ready to do this?" Stefan asks everyone as Damon drags me by my waste.

Inside everyone is dancing. Dana goes onto the stage and speaks into the microphone.

" Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight. "We all stop in front of the stage,

"This is for Evie. From Klaus."

A song starts playing. Elena seems stunned while Alaric looks happy. This song sounds disgusting. Too sappy and lovey, and why in the hell is it dedicated to me?

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us. But why with you, he's not after you." He sighs."Why must you be such a magnet for trouble, Evie?"

"I know everyone here," Elena says, coming up towards us.

"Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is."Stefan theorises.

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us" Damon says.

"I am not dancing," I say stubbornly.

"Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted" Ric says.

"I'm not impressed," Damon says. "No?" Alaric says.

"Neither is Evie, she only likes music if it's weird crap that annoys the hell out of everyone around her" I elbow him in the ribs,

"My taste in music is not crap!"I scold.

"Let me know if you see anything out of whack. " Damon says, leaving me with Alaric.

"I'm very sorry love but you're going to have to stick with me." He says, placing his hand over my mouth and the other one around my waiste, lifting me up.

____________________________________________________

He ties me up, putting a gag in my mouth, setting me down on the floor in the janitorial closet, placing a kiss on my forehead as I squirm, trying to move."I'll be back for you later, love" He stands up and leaves. Although I can hear everything that is going on outside of the door.

" Elena!" He calls out.

"What is it?" She says, turning to look at him.

"He has Jeremy."

"What!?"Bonnie and Elena ask in sync.

"Yeah, Klaus has Jeremy. Come on. " And that is where they get to far away for my ears to hear. I squirm some more.

"Where's Evie, Bonnie and Elena ?" I hear Damon ask as he walks passed the cupboard. Finally, i manage to spit the gag out of my mouth while breathing heavily.

Eventually, the doors open and Elena walks in, looking shocked to see me, "Oh my God, Evie!" She seems shocked to see me as she helps me out of the ropes." Thank you Lena."I say.

"Is that all you got?" Who I now know to be Klaus as Elena and I come running down the hall way.

"Let's find out."She replies.

Bonnie is fighting Klaus with her powers , She breaks his leg. The lights flicker and a gust of wind sends papers flying. Her nose is bleeding unnaturally. She breaks Klaus's foot and he falls to the floor. Stefan arrives. Bonnie shuts the doors so that we can't come in .

I hear nothing...

Klaus is crawling on the floor. Bonnie fights Klaus and lights start bursting, sending a shower of sparks raining down. Elena screams . I try to open the doors but I can't. Bonnie looks at Elena and I with a smile. Klaus gets up and Bonnie faces him. With a jerk of her body, she bends back and falls on the floor. Elena and Stefan open the doors and rush over Bonnie in the now dark room, as I fall to the floor, blacking out,

______________________________________________________________

I open my eyes to an unfamiliar room, hearing a person whistling and catching a lovely sweet scent, one that smells an awful lot like mine. I sit up, stretching my arms, realising that I am lieing o n a comfortable bed, a man's shirt covering my body, holding that same sweet scent, rather than the horrible dress I was wearing last night.

A man with short, curly brown hair, and a lovely figure, walks into the room, whistling and possessing that addictive scent. I stare at him as he looks at me with admiration and love, confused, as I feel a strange pull towards him.

"Ah, you're awake, I was beginning to get worried," He says, in a thick British accent. Words from Mason's journal appear in my mind.

When two werewolves share the same scent, they are destined to love each other, mates. The connection will spark when they see each other, but they will both only understand it when no magic is involved to change the conditions/circumstances.

My breath catches in my throat.

"My name is Niklaus, but you may call me Klaus or Nik, which ever you want," he says, sitting down on the bed next to me. "You'r- you're my..." I stutter,

"Mate." He finishes for me, capturing my lips with his own...