Chapter 25

Let me explain this quickly. Back when you all saw the picture of her superhero form, you saw a crossbow. That's what she has instead of a yoyo. She shoots a arrow to where to wants to go, and she goes there. Just like her yoyo. She also shoots an arrow in the air to summon her lucky charm. Just wanted to confirm that so y'all wouldn't get confused.😁 Also, the fight is based of of the actual fight in the episode.

Mari's POV

Why did this Akuma just have to come at night?!

And why does it have to be an exact lookalike to Chat?! That just makes it two times as hard!

So much for being "lucky"...

Copycat lunges at me, which I dodge his lame attempt at attacking me.

I need time to think and decifer which Chat is which, I thought.

I shot an arrow to a the top of the main mast so I could get away from Copycat for a minute.

Once I was at the top, down below I saw both Chats fighting. Oh, my brain is racking....

"Lucky Charm!"

And down from the sky dropped a...

Spoon.

Wow. Very helpful.

As I looked around, and idea started to form inside my head.

Copycat now had Chat's baton as well, so Chat was struggling to fight him.

Since I had an advantage from being up high, it was time to put my plan into action.

I shot an arrow at the batons, the string of the arrow wrapping around them both securely.

I threw one down to Chat Noir.

"Hey! What's the deal, bug eyes?" Copycat angrily shouted at me.

"Oh, I don't know, what's the deal with you being an annoying Akuma?"

Before he could answer I yelled at Chat, "Chat Noir, Scratch Attack!"

"I always love a good cat fight!"

And the two broke into hand to hand combat, giving me time to use my lucky charm.

I tied an arrow around the other baton with the spoon acting as the hook.

"Time to go Akuma fishing!"

When the time was right, I thrusted the string backward, and then launched it forward. It hung on a mast, and then the spoon hooked around Copycat's belt, which I then pulled the string backward again, leaving him dangling in the air.

I swung around in the air, grabbed the item that the Akuma was in, and ripped it.

The Akuma didn't come out.

But then something weird happened.

Copycat was suddenly consumed by a black and purple aura.

When it was gone, he had disappeared!

"Wait... where'd he go?" I asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea," Chat said.

"How about we just forget for now? We're almost to Parisa anyways," Nino suggested.

"Agreed," Everyone said.

Meanwhile back at Hawkmoth's ship...

A black and purple aura suddenly appeared in the room.

When it dissipated it revealed to be Copycat.

"Did you get their miraculouses?" Hawkmoth demanded.

He looked to the ground, already knowing Hawkmoth's reaction.

He shook his head.

"You moron! You are one of my most trusted Akumas, and you failed me?"

Copycat remained silent.

"You know the punishment for disappointing me, Copycat," Hawkmoth growled.

He shot his head up to look at him.

"N- No! Please, Hawkmoth, I beg of you! Don't-"

"Au revoir, Copycat."

He screamed of agonizing torture as a tiny black and purple insect crawled it's way out of his chest, and fluttered into Hawkmoth.

And there lay Theo, the once- was Copycat, on the floor, eyes wide open.

He wasn't dead.

But he wasn't alive either.

You see, when you are Akumatized, the Akuma is attached to your soul.

Literally.

It takes over your soul, living in it, and giving you an endless supply of power, which keeps you alive.

But if you ever break Hawkmoth's one rule, which is to never disappoint him, he takes that Akuma away from you, along with your power, your soul, and your life source...

Love.

And that leaves you as a lifeless, loveless human.

A nothing.

And you may think our heros are protected from this tragedy.

But you're wrong.

They're not.

And you may think if this does happen to them, they could fight back.

Maybe.

But probably not.

I could be wrong, I could be right. But all I can say is.....

Anything is possible.