Chapter 17

Chat's POV

Something's been bothering me all day.

What was Mari dreaming about?

I could tell it was a pretty nasty nightmare, and I'm wondering what she meant when she said "I was only 5"...
I'm assuming it was a memory...?

I'll ask her about it later.

Speaking of Mari, I can't wait to see the look on her reaction when she receives her miraculous. It'll most likely be adorable...

Ugh! Remember, Chat! You're just using her for your self advantage! Not just to rant of how cute she is!

I'm now leaning on the railing with a cup of water in my hand, fighting with my thoughts. Little did I know a certain someone was looking at me.

Mari's POV

I sighed. By tomorrow I'll have my miraculous. By tomorrow I'll be under the control of Chat. By tomorrow I'll have figured out a plan on how to escape. By tomorrow my new adventurous life might just be over.

Yes, I miss my family and friends. Yes, I miss my home. But my heart wants to stay out here, roaming on the endless blue waters. Yet my mind says otherwise.

And to be honest, I've kinda started to warm up to Chat. And I think I might have taken a liking to him....
But I can't. He's the pirate, I'm the princess. He's the kidnapper, I'm the victim. It won't work out even if it was to happen.

But anyways, I'm now walking to the railing to look out into the sunset. But I see Chat's already there. Even from a distance I can see he's in deep wonder and thought.

I immediately become curious as to what he's thinking about, so I walk over next to him.

"Whatcha thinkin' about, kitty?"

He jumps and looks at me.
"You startled me princess!"

I laughed. "At least you didn't accidentally jump over the railing and into the sea."

"True."

There was a moment of silence.

"You still didn't answer my question."

He sighed. "I was thinking 'bout how..."
He took a sip of his drink.

His mood changed from deep-in-thought to mischievous instantly.

"... purrfect you are puurrrincess."

"Chat, what's wrong with you," I asked cautiously.

"Nothing, besides how hard I fell for you."

I blushed. What has gotten into this cat..?

He chuckled deliriously. "Have I made my puurrrincess blush?"

"It seems you have," I muttered.

He suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me close, only mere inches from his face. I could see something new in his eyes...

Lust.

"You know what I've always wanted, puurrrincess?"

I gulped from our proximity and the tone of his voice.

"What...?"

"You."

Before I could respond he closed the gap between us. I froze. I'd never kissed anyone, let alone someone kiss me. But I couldn't help but melt into it. Something deep inside me was longing for this moment...

He then pulled away, looking at me affectionately.

But then his expression changed drastically.

It turned into confusion.

"W- what happened?"

He acted like his memory was just wiped from him.

"Uhhh..."

But then I smelled something.

It was catnip.

Someone put that stuff in his drink! That's why he went flirty boy overload when he drank from his cup! I guess he is part cat...

Hey, at least it wasn't a love potion.

Suddenly Nino yelled up from the crow's nest, "Captain! We'll be at our destination by morning!"

Chat turned his attention towards Nino. "Excellent!"

I turned to go back to Chat's cabin before I felt him gently grab my hand.

"Umm... I have a question for you."

"Go ahead." Please don't ask about what happened...

"What were you dreaming about this morning?"

Phew, wait WHAT?!

Of all the things he had to ask...

I sigh, giving in. "Can we talk about it in your cabin...?"

"Sure."

Once we sat down on his bed, I said, "It was a memory coming back to haunt me."

"What was it about?"

I looked away, hesitant to answer.

"When I was 5, signs of my power started to burst in. It became so out of control, I nearly destroyed my kingdom."

"How can someone with the power of creation and good luck destroy things? That's more up my power's ally..."

"Plants were everywhere. Most of them were vines, and they were destroying everything. I couldn't get them to stop. And the worst part is, my parents almost had to exile me."

I was starting to tear up.

"The whole town hated me. There were so many riots, I thought they were gonna burn the castle to the ground. And if it weren't for my parents, the people would have..."

I couldn't stop the rivers of tears coming from my eyes.

Chat wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. He rubbed his hand against my back for comfort. His touch felt nice and warm. I liked it.

"Sorry for showing you this weak side of me. You probably think of me as a weakling now."

He wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"Actually, it's the total opposite. By showing me your weak side you're showing me that you are strong..."

I shyly looked him in the eye.

".... But I also hate seeing you cry."

I continued sobbing. He pulled me closer so that my head was resting on his chest. He was still rubbing me back for comfort. It calmed me down.

Then I felt a wave of tiredness wash through me.

As my vision was consumed by darkness as I said, "Thank you, Chat. For everything."

"Anything for you, my lady."

Nino's POV

I think that catnip worked just fine....