Chapter 15

Marinette's POV

I look out to the sea, the sun starting to set. It's like someone took many red, orange, yellow, dark blue, purple, and pink paints and splotched them on the sky. It was gorgeous; especially how the sea reflected it, making it more extravagant to see.

I think about how I am imprisoned by Chat Noir. The pirate. The bandit. The flirt. The annoying pun master. The devilishly handsome clad in black.

I think about how adventurous my life has become. About my powers. How this energy burns inside me when I'm around Chat. How beautiful the ocean is.

While I'm in my train of thought, I had no idea a pair of glowing green eyes were staring at me.

"Whatcha thinking about purrincess?"

I jumped. I had no idea Chat was there. "Oh, hey Chat. I was just thinking about.... things."

"Well I know that. But what are the 'things' your thinking about?"

I sighed. "Curiosity killed the cat."

"But satisfaction brought it back."

I look at him, a bit annoyed. But I finally give in.

"I was thinking about how much my life has changed over just a few days. I was thinking about why you're so secretive. I was thinking about a lot of things."

Chat stared at me for a minute before walking up beside me against the railing of the ship.

"Were you thinking about your powers?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you think you can control them?"

"I don't know. They disappeared a few years ago. I already told you this."

"I know. But you're gonna have to trust me with what I'm about to do. Okay?"

I look at him wearily. Even though we kinda only met a few days ago, I trust him. Don't ask why. I honestly don't know.

"...ok?"

He then grabbed my arms and dangled me over the railing.

"Ch- Chat!! What the heck do you think you're doing?!"

"Teaching you to believe in yourself! Before you get your miraculous you must trust yourself with the power that you already have!"

Wait... he was taking me to get my miraculous?

"But what do I do?!"

"Just calm yourself, and relax your mind. Then, concentrate on something that would prevent you from falling."

"But that would mean flying and I cant fly..."

"With good luck you can do anything."

I look straight into his eyes. I could get lost in those pools of emeralds forever. They showed trustworthiness, loyalty, bravery, and kindness. And that's what gave me determination.

I closed my eyes and focused on the task at hand. I took a deep breath and cleared my mind of fear. I felt Chat let me go.

I opened my eyes to see myself floating in mid air. Excitement and shock took over my mind...

And caused me to fall.

The ocean felt like pure ice. I was glad the water was calm...

"Chat, help!"

SPLASH!

He was already in the water. He put his arms around my waist and signalled for someone to pull us up. I looked down at his stomach to see a rope tied around it. At least he was prepared.

Once we were on the deck again, I asked Chat through my shivering, "W-w-what w-was t-t-that for?!"

"I already told you, you have to believe that you can control your powers before you actually gain full power over them. If you don't it's just total chaos."

"S-so you're t-taking me to g-get my miraculous?"

"Yep. And you're not bad at believing in yourself, but there are some adjustments that need to be made."

I would have scoffed but I was still cold from the water. I felt myself fall. Someone caught me before I could hit the ground, who was none other than Chat.

"Let's get you somewhere warm," he chuckled.

He carried me bridal style down to his cabin and layed me down in his bed. He gently put the covers over me.

But I was still cold. Do I have hypothermia or something?!

My shivering intensified. Chat looked over at me, concerned. But then he made a face that screamed he had an idea.

Chat sat me up in bed and gently put his arms around my waist. I stopped shivering instantly.

"Better?"
"Mhm," I said sleepily.

As I drifted of to sleep, I heard Chat say, "Goodnight princess."