"Are you serious mom? Church? You woke me up early in the morning to go to church?"

"Yes. You have to be thankful that god spared your life Jasmine"

I looked at her. I put my head down placing my hands together, "thank you god for sparing my life just for my mother to wake me up early in the morning to hear a man yell at the audience about the sins that we commit everyday...especially my mom"

I looked at my mom as she glared at me. I innocently smiled walking into the church.

"I am not a sinner" I heard her whisper

I accepted the pamphlet smiling, "adultery is a sin" I mumbled back to her. My mom smiled shaking hands with the ushers. As people welcomed my mom to the church I got kinda lost. When I finally entered I heard a lot of people talking and that's when I knew I was inside the church hall. I looked around seeing hundreds of people. It didn't look like a church it looked like an auditorium. I leaned against the wall waiting for my mom to enter. I felt a tap on my shoulder and seen Richard next to me. He gave me hug as he lead me to where my grandma and little sister was. Once we were seated I seen jay sitting in a chair while blue sat on his lap. I sat next to my grandma that sat next to Richard. My mom sat between me and jay I guess.

The lights dimmed and people began to quiet down. I looked around trying to find my mom but I didn't see her in the audience at all. It wasn't until praise and worship when my mom was able to sit down. I looked over at her and sent her a message

Why did it take you so long?
Sent 9:57am
Read 9:57am

I saw as the bubbles popped up and her message was sent

I can't ignore people. A lot of people wanted to speak with me.
Sent 9:58am
Read 9:58am

I sighed and looked over at her. She looked at me and back down at her phone. I looked as the preacher headed to the podium. My phone vibrated. I looked down and it was my mom

Listen we need to talk after service. I don't know if you'll agree to this and if you don't then we will have to figure out a different route to the conclusion
Sent 10:00am
Read 10:01

I frowned and responded

Is it bad?
Sent 10:02
Read 10:03

My mom looked over at my grandma as she glared at us being on our phones. Both me and my moms phones lit up and it was just as bad because my moms brightness went all the way up along with the LED flash being on and I was playing with the sound button so my phone dinged along with the LED light. Everyone in the row looked down at us while everyone in-front of us turned around. My mother lowly apologized but I wasn't having it.

"Boo turn around mind y'all business" I said loud enough for many people to hear. My mom glared at me as my grandma pinched the shit out my ear. I groaned on the verge of tears.

"Jasmine don't make me take you to that bathroom" my grandma mumbled in my ear

My mom moved me away from my grandma having me sit on her lap. Slowly and quietly she took my phone away from me placing it in her purse. I rolled my eyes knowing that my mom silently just disciplined me. For the rest of the service I sat on my moms lap knocked the fuck out. My mom tapped me telling me to stand up. I got off her as we exited the church. I went into the SUV with jay and blue waiting for my mom to stop socializing. What I didn't know was that my mom and grandma decided to plan a brunch with the family. The doors opened and in came my grandma, Richard and then my mom. We sat facing each other.

"Jasmine why were you being rude?" My grandma asked

"Nana I wasn't being rude. They was staring at me and mom because our phones went off. And not just that they was starring really hard"