Chapter XIII Pandora's box: Bacchanalia

Start from the beginning

"And that?" Hades said pointing to the disgusting mess before them.

"Okay," she admitted. "That one is a bit weird. We all love our food but..." She trailed off horrified by the almost undead look in his eyes as he consumed the skeletal remains of the animal with demonic enthusiasm. "No, that is not normal."

A loud crash sounded peeling their attention away from the grotesque sight. A group of teenagers threw massive boulders at a gilded home and stormed inside. They emerged moments later their arms filled with luxuries their manic expressions filled Cornelia with terror. "Are they still human?" She asked to no one and everyone. 

Hercules answered, "Biologically yes, however, we have had minimal opportunity to study the effects of the wraiths, so we do not know if their minds remain or not." The group of marauders moved chaotically as a group from building to building. They would drop their horde as quickly as they retrieved it, always looking for more and shinier things.  

"Magis, magis, magis" The horrid chant followed them wherever they went. 

Hades' jaw was trapped open as he watched, "they are chanting more, and they cannot carry what they already have."  

"Okay, that part is also a bit more extreme, than normal," Cornelia admitted.

A portly middle-aged man assaulted Hercules. The android's eyes open wide as the stranger pressed his lips to his, and his dirty calloused hands pulled at his pants. His sausage-shaped hands searching for his drawstring on the android's pants. Hercules froze his eyes wide hands in the air unsure of how to react.

Cornelia chuckled awkwardly as she hugged herself with her arms, "It looks like you have an admirer." Within moments Hercules' pants were off revealing his entire lack of useful genitalia that this man had clearly been expecting. The man turned undefeated toward Hades his eyes hungry. His greedy fingers outstretched and grabbing for Hades' trousers.

"No!" Hades growled and zapped the man on the back of the head. His hands still grabbing blindly as he fell to the sticky stones unconscious. 

Cornelia laughed "Oh come on you probably need to get laid, it would supremely improve your personality." Humor was all she had to cope with what was happening.

"He is not my type," Hades glared at her.

Hercules ushered them forward, "We must go." His scanning device lit up in his hands as he ignored the masochistic chaos all around them, "This way to the crystal." 

They weaved their way around naked writhing groups of amorous bodies. While dodging random flying objects, and hoards of looters. On many occasions, random strangers would challenge them to battle citing some of the most random offenses Cornelia had ever heard.  Cornelia's personal favorite was the man who challenged Hades because he was too pale.

"I am keeping that!" She laughed hysterically as the man collapsed to the ground from a blow to the head. "he called you a ghostly freak." She continued to giggle. "You so are!" When she realized he took her joke a little too personally, she weakly explained: "come on that one was funny."

Hades snarled at her and gave the gentleman another kick for good measure. "My favorite was the one that challenged you, for having boring brown hair."

"You made that up," but now self-conscious she pulled at a loose strand. He knew she was self-conscious that she had a standard name and standard hair. Jerk, she thought angrily at him. It felt too pathetic a retort to say out loud.