chapter 11

Jennie was approached by an unexpected person. Not exactly unexpected, but unwanted. It was Yujin, carrying her books like a proper person. She had plenty thoughts on her mind, it seemed.

Jennie got over the small episode of illness from yesterday. She had puked a little bit after Johnny brought her home, and chatted her troubles away with Nayeon and Johnny.

"Oh, hey." Jennie greeted half heartedly.

"Hey, Jennie." Yujin greeted. "About yesterday, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. I did end up being a bit sick." Jennie closed her locker.

"Taeyong told me about the two of you last night at dinner."

Taeyong, now walking in the school, sees the two girls and wonders what they're talking about.

"What'd you two talk about?"

"He told me that you two went out on a date. And how much you like him."

"Well, I'm sorry for acting like that yesterday. It was very rude of me."

Yujin put up her hands. "No, it's totally fine. I understand."

"If you two do have feelings for each other, then you should just go out."

"What about you? Feelings don't just turn off." Yujin leaned on the lockers.

"I'm well aware of that. I wish it were that easy," Jennie sighed, scratching her head. "But, I'm not going to fight over someone. You can have him." The uncomfortable feeling crept in Jennie's chest, but she pushed it down.

"I think it's up to Taeyong on who he wants. That boy is so..." she trailed off, smiling to herself.

"So?"

"He's so unsure of himself. I'm sure you know that."

Jennie nodded slowly.

"He doesn't know what he feels, but," she slightly faultered, "he'll fall in love with you soon. He's on his way."

Jennie was surprised with her statement, and couldn't come up with a response. Yujin left it at that, sadly walking away from Jennie before the bell rang. 

Jennie turned the corner to where Taeyong stood, realizing he had been caught listening. Jennie didn't look like she cared regardless. "Hey."

"H-hey," he stuttered.

"My car broke down, so I can't come over to your house to study. Could you maybe come over to my house?"

Taeyong nodded. "Of course, do you want me to drive you there too?"

"Yeah, I don't think my mom wants to get out of the house again. Thanks." Jennie smiled smally, and walked away.

As Taeyong drove after school, he noticed Jennie was a bit quieter than usual. She was leaning her head on the passenger side window, staring out in the white snow.

He remember hearing she was sick, and completely forgot about it. He reached behind his seat and retrieved a little bag. "Here, I got this for you."

Jennie turned her head on the window, towards the bag. She grabbed it with confusion and peered inside.

It was filled with a few coughdrops,  some tea bags, and a small little doll inside. There was a small "get well" card inside of it as well. Jennie smiled at the gesture, even though she wasn't sick anymore.

"Thank you," she smiled. Her energy was a bit higher after the gift;a hint of a smile was still on her lips. Taeyong felt a smile forming on his lips upon seeing this.